Ratings for Dr. Neeraj Ashri

Worst doctor I've ever been to. He talked down to me and told me it was all in my head. I've had blood work to back up my symptoms that show it's not in my head. He said I looked healthy and seemed annoyed, asking why I was there. Also, he didn't have my medical charts, had no idea where the were saying "They could be in Charlotte" and had no idea he was my doctor. He asked questions that were on a form that I filled out prior, which he didn't even bother to look at. I don't know how he still had his license!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

Dr Ashri has helped me control my sugar. He is a straight talker but is excellent at what he does.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2013

I think Dr. Ashri would be okay for well controlled type 2 diabetics, but I would not recommend him for type 1 diabetic patients or patients with thyroid cancer. Having type 1 diabetes is a pain as it is, but when he became annoyed that I used different meters (one at work, in kitchen, car)to check my blood sugar more frequently, that was a deal breaker for me. The reason HE was irritated is because he doesn't have the software to download all the readings that my insulin pump records. Get the software, your an endocrinologist! The reason I switched was because of a long drive to Charlotte to see my endocrinologist ... now that drive seems short! Also, he never read my patient history before coming in the room or even in the room. I started crying when he was making me feel like crap about bad blood sugars. In my defense I told him I had thyroid cancer that spread to my lungs and had a lot of stress. He asked WHY I didn't tell him. I said it's in my chart, two paragraphs detailed!

flag | Submitted December 21, 2012

This doctor seemed to listen, and was more helpful than any other doctor I have been to. He seems to really care about his patients. I would recommend him to others.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2009

Dr Ashri was a very bad experience for me. I hate to say, he insisted that all of my low blood sugars were in my mind, and that I in fact did not have any form of "hypoglycemia." He said he's done every test known and that my hypoglycemia was nonexistent. His nurses also became VERY snotty as well. Well I ended up CHANGING doctors and seeing an endocrinologist that proved my pancreas was SEVERELY overproducing insulin and causing my low blood sugars. I now have a diagnosis, but wasted a LOT of time and stress on Dr. Ashri.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2009

I like Dr Ashri, I think he is a very nice doctor, he seems to care about his patients imo.I would recommend him to others. He takes time to talk to his patients at least that has been my experience. I think he is a very compentant doctor.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2008

One of the worst internists I've ever seen. Was very curt with my elderly father. Never again.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2008

i would avoid this doctor. i always felt like he talked down to me when i would ask questions. he gave me an absurd diagnosis without real basis as far as i am concerned. but his nurse is nice.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2007

This doctor insisted that my symptoms were the result of psychological issues. Dr. Ashri would not seriously investigate my symptoms, nor would he do any extensive blood work (beyond checking for vitamins and other basic stuff). I knew that I was having serious problems, and so I decided to switch doctors. My new doctor was able to take one look at my medical history, and he performed blood work which resulted in a serious and correct diagnosis. I'm sorry I wasted as much time as I did with Dr. Ashri. He seems a nice enough guy, and he may be fine for basic diabetes treatment, but he really let me down when he refused to take my health to heart. He also answered cell phone calls from his wife during my appointments, which made me feel like I was not important.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2007