Ratings for Dr. Ben J. Kirbo

After reading up on rhinoplasty and reviewing cosmetic surgeons in Tallahassee, I decided to schedule an appointment with Dr. Kirbo. It has been a year since then, and I am most grateful for the results, care, attention, knowledge, and pleasantry of Dr. Kirbo. I was always prepared as an informed consumer and patient and was never was left in the dark. Further, I listened to the pros and cons he mentioned about a nose job and was satisfied with the answers he offered to my questions. Also, his health-care team and staff members were always friendly and helpful. His whole office offers a warm, comfortable atmosphere. Without doubt, I fully trust Dr. Kirbo's expertise and know that I can rely on him for great care and results.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

Will never forget the gleam in this surgeon's eyes when stating fixing the holes he caused would require creating more. Disturbing. I concur with the poster below.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

I took my elderly father to Dr. Kirbo for a closure after a skin cancer removal by Dr. Caldwell. Dr. Kirbo injected xylocaine without any warning into the skin and fascia of my fathers arm with such rapidity & total disinterest that the fluid came out the other side of the wound and sprayed all over me, as I stood nearby. He caused alot of pain and suffering to my father and then quickly closed the wound with tight sutures that later almost separated if we had not elevated and taken a lot of time and care to maintain the wound. I am an RN of 29 years so I knew how to care for the wound but Dr. Kirbo was rude, obviously in a HUGE HURRY to just close the wound and leave and did not stop for second to ask if my father was in pain or comfortable. I would NEVER recommend this surgeon to anyone. He is rude, mean and uninterested in procedures unless they make him big bucks. He strikes me as particularly uninterested in the elderly and lacking in respect for them also.

Submitted January 9, 2015

I was referred there for removal of a very tiny skin cancer on my face. After it was done the work was not wonderful. I had also called other surgeons after the fact, and found out that they were very overpriced for this type of procedure. I really wish I had gone elsewhere

flag | Submitted September 3, 2013

I had a buttock/thigh lift initially performed by Dr. Kirbo. It was a less than favorable experience. It is still unclear to me how a triangular-shaped rh glute was achieved. Two more staged, corrective procedures & $30,000 later (with a new surgeon), I can now say I am very happy with the results. I have learned a valuable lesson...believe completely in your instincts. Run, if they say run. Not all surgeons can do it all...in fact, few can. Clearly, this surgeon was out of his element. If he was uncomfortable performing this procedure, the right thing to do would have been that of referring me elsewhere. Period. Initial cost @ approximately $6,000.00...revisional costs @ approximately $25,000.00.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2012

Dr. Kirbo is a wonderful surgeon, I highly recommend a consult with him.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2010

Dr. Kirbo performed brest reconstruction for me after bilateral mastectomies for cancer. I have wonderful results. (I am an RN with several years of plastic surgery experience to use for reference.) He and his staff are extremely professional and skilled. They have responded to all my concerns and needs in an exemplary fashion. I have recommended him to several of my friends and will continue to do so. I can't believe there is anyone who can do a better job. If I have any future surgeries, reconstructive or cosmetic, Dr. Kirbo will definitely be my choice.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2010

Dr. Kirbo and his staff are amazing. I can't believe how wonderful I look. I have my body back! Dr. Kirbo's skill is second to none. He is caring and talented doctor who truely cared about me and my happiness with my results.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2009

This physician performed lipo on multiple areas. Suffice to say, I did NOT get what I paid for on one area-they ran out of time. At my recheck after suture removal, I could tell by the look on his face he knew the work was sub-standard, but all I got was a 'watch your diet' comment. So, I did not go back for the 6 mo. checkup - why bother? My recommendation(s) would be: be the first case of the day, and have the discussion beforehand or agreement in writing that if the results are not what you expect, the procedure will be performed again to your satisfaction - at NO cost.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2009

I have had two procedures performed by Dr. Kirbo. I am extremely pleased with the results of both procedures! Dr. Kirbo is honest, knowledgeable, and really considers what the patient wants. My quality of life has imporved tremendously!! His staff is wonderful too. They are very inviting and helpful. Dr. Kirbo and his staff get to know their patients on a personal level. His office also reaches out to the community via "High Tea & Hot Topics" where they make an effort to inform people about their work and who they are. I wouldn't recommend any other doctor!

flag | Submitted October 8, 2008

Dr. Ben J. Kirbo's Credentials

• Univ Of Miami Sch Of Med, Miami Fl 33101 (Grad. 1989)

Commercial Insurance Company