Ratings for Dr. Raj S. Pruthi

Please get 2nd options before any procedures done. I wasted time, was told I'd die if I didn't get the recommended surgery. I should have been given better informed options. Maybe reimbursement for failed surgery and suggested procedure. Blinders on here !

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

The staff treated you like a number. Had to call 3 times to get assistance after a surgical procedure. Was told "they are very busy back there and I don't know when someone can call you. When the Dr. Pruthi called, it was war of words. I will never use him again. I would rather die than go back to UNC or Dr. Pruthi for that matter. I have bladder cancer and will go find someone else who is just as good as "supposedly" Dr. Pruthi is.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2012

Dr. Pruthi has an excellent reputation as one of the best (if not the best) urologist/oncologists and surgeons in the state and even the area of the country. In fact, I had learned from my original urologist that Dr. Pruthi tends to be the physician chosen by many physicians and urologists themselves for their own care -- those "in the know". After I had consulted with him and immediately understood why he is so highly regarded. Clear, confident, yet empowering and very compassionate -- a tremendous bedside manner. His staff is also top notch and very responsive. My surgery (robotic!) went with without any difficulty (and without any pain!), and I have recovered without any of the dreaded side effects of prostate cancer surgery. I feel very fortunate to have come across Dr. Pruthi and his team at UNC.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2008

Undergraduate degree from Stanford Univ, MD degree from Duke Univ, residency at Stanford in urology, at Univ of NC Medical School and UNC Hospitals and the UNC Healthcare system since 2000. Instills confidence in his patients, many of whom refer their friends to him. Is on the cutting edge of urological treatment and urological research, and a highly respected, well-liked member of the world-class urological service at UNC Hospitals. If I were back in 2002, at the time I had to select a urological physician and had decide which treatment option to take, I would make the same choice.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2007

Dr. Raj S. Pruthi's Credentials

• Duke University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)

Commercial Insurance Company