You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Brooke Swearingen

Dr. Swearingen removed a pituitary micro adenoma (Cushing's disease) from my significant other in April 2015. He is a man of few words, but beyond impressive in knowledge and skill. He literally was able to find a spot the size of a pin head, basically blind, and return my SO's life back to normal. When my SO was very sick the night he was released from Boston General Hospital and we were staying in a hotel, I paged him, he called back right away. And what I thought was a bad reaction to the pain meds, was in fact withdrawal symptoms from the high cortisol levels produced by his tumor. Dr. Swearingen immediately said "we got it" and then of course made changes to his cortisol dose to make him more comfortable. We literally traveled to Boston from Chicago to see this gifted surgeon based on the referral of his endocrinologist. We wouldn't hesitate to travel back to Boston in a heartbeat if things reappeared. Thank you Dr. Swearingen for giving him his life back!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

My wife had a pituitary tumor in 2010, and surgery was needed because it was close to her optic nerve. We were scared. We live in Mass and within a month the operation was completed by Dr. Swearingen. This man is a no frills, down to business professional who was put on this earth for his superior skills. My wife needed no pain meds after the surgery and at her 6 month checkup came up tumor free. I would trust this man with my life.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2012

Dr. Swearingen was patient and caring in response to all my questions my surgery for a pituitiary adenoma had basically no complications highly recommend Dr. Swearingen

flag | Submitted August 27, 2012

I can;t say enough good things about this man. He performed pituitary suregery on me in 2009. I would say that in order to perform this surgery he went up my nose, through my sinuses and removed many tumors from my my pituitary gland and cured my cushings disease. All this was done with no more discomfort than a minor headache. He is very patient and one of the top doctor's in the world in his field. If you need any type of neurosurgery, don't consider anyone else!!!!

flag | Submitted November 16, 2010

superb surgeon excellent office staff always quick to address my concerns

flag | Submitted August 6, 2010

Absolutely excellent, kind, enormously patient neurosurgeon. Not only did he do a superb job on a cervical disk for me (entering from front and parting muscles so no almost no cutting, post surgical pain, or noticeable scar), but he patiently and enormously reasonably worked with me through three cancellations and reschedules of surgery due to anxiety, never once losing patience or refusing treatment. Can't say enough about this technically excellent, wonderful doctor.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2010

What can you say about a doc who makes a living from going inside people's head to take out pituitary tumors basically blind, just on the basis of feel? The endocrinologist at MassGen said it best "There are great surgeons and there are GIFTED surgeons. Dr Swearingen is one of the GIFTED ones, in the top five in the world, although he would humbly deny it. He excels at distinguishing tumor tissue from pituitary tissue." If you are facing pituitary surgery - run to Dr Swearingen. My husband had a quick revcovery and no pituitary problems after. A very scarey surgery made so much easier knowing we had the best.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2007

Dr. Brooke Swearingen's Credentials

• Harvard Med Sch, Boston Ma 02115 (Grad. 1981)

Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan
Tufts
Tufts Health Plans
Unicare

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Swearingen removed a pituitary micro adenoma (Cushing's disease) from my significant other in April 2015. He is a man of few words, but beyond impressive ..."

January 22, 2016