Ratings for Dr. Marc L. Chaiken

Dr. Chaiken is one of the most warm, affable and very knowledgeable doctors I've ever met. He made me feel very comfortable right from the first visit. He always wears a smile that is big enough to calm every nerve. The nurses are also very great.- Donna especially is a rare gem. I would not say the same for the front desk staff. Their job is to help patients AT THE FRONT DESK. But ask a question and their facial expression and mannerism is not very pleasant. I'm not sure why there is not a linear correlation between the attitiudes of the professionals in the back and that of the two ladies up front. They are very unpleasant.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

My plumbing has always been an exception to the rule. My periods would be rare but extremely long and painful. In recent years, breast cancer has hit several family members (aunts, cousins). Since my original OBGYN retired, I have been in search of a good GYN. I was frustrated because some GYNs would just push birth control. One doctor told me my cramps had nothing to do with my plumbing. Luckily, a friend recommended Dr. Chaiken. Dr.Chaiken took a step back to examine my medical situation again working with my primary doctor. In six months, he was able to diagnose the problem and present several action plans (drug treatment, natural treatments or surgery). I did not take the surgery route and he did not pressure me about my decision. He and his staff, particularly the nurses have been honest, friendly and professional. My girlfriend who lives almost 3 hours away continues to drive to see Dr. Chaiken because he is a physician you can trust.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2013

I have been through a mess this year with my GYN health, and, at only 22, am fairly inexperienced with conditions that I have encountered (that I've only known to affect women twice my age). I've had a lot of nerves and questions, and Dr. Chaiken has been incredibly patient and informative with me. He has always been warm, kind, and even peppers in some humor when it's appropriate. I was terrified to have surgery recently, but trusted him entirely. There was a good chance that I would lose an ovary in the procedure, which was scheduled to take 60-75 min. He stayed in the OR for 3.5 hours working on me, to ensure that I got to keep both ovaries. Yes, the receptionist is a bit abrupt at first; you just have to get to know her. But after the experience I've had with the doctor himself, I am a patient for life.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2012

I am new to area and it was time to for my annual pap. I chose them because of the close proximity to my house and the good reviews of the Dr. I didn't get a chance to see him, I had an NP who was great. The problem that I have is the billing, My total bill was 730.00! I paid 275 out my pocket for labs that the biller said was sent out and they charged me for labs as well. The also charged me for two visits not sure why but the total visit from their office cost me $355.00. I had a visit with them 12/16/2010 and did not recieve a bill from them 8/26/2011 stating that I owed them $171.64. I filed it on my claim and my insurance paid them, I faxed them the insurance statement and the lady still says that I owed them the $171.64, and that I needed to pay it within 10 days or it goes to collections. Unbelievable! I will never visit again. Think twice before you go here, unless you don't mind them ripping you off.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2011

I've been to the office on two different occasions in the past two months. Once to for a check-up and once for an implanon insertion. While I was waiting in the room to be examined, I heard my nurse practitioner talking to a medical supplier right outside my door for at least 20 minutes. When I went back, I had to wait in the waiting room for 40 minutes to see the doctor. Three women who came in after me, went in before me. When I went to the front desk to ask about it, the woman was extremely rude to me. After I left, I had to wait for 10 minutes to make my follow up appointment because the secretary was away from her desk eating (though the office would be closed for lunch 30 minutes later). I almost just walked out. During my appointments the nurses, nurse practitioner, and Dr. Chaiken himself were wonderful and made me feel at ease. But making patients wait and having rude front desk staff is enough to make me reconsider returning.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2011

Although it's been a while ago, I had a LEEP procedure done by Dr. Chaiken. It HURT SO BAD, I was gritting my teeth. His demeanor was impatient and he actually said to me, "come on, it's not that bad". JERK!

flag | Submitted August 30, 2011

Very experienced and personable. I found Dr. Chaiken to be reassuring. Knowledgeable about a wide range of contraceptive options. Would recommend.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2011

Dr. Chaiken takes his time with his patients and is extremely knowledgable in his specialty. His kindness and compassion makes him a true gentleman. His office staff is highly efficient and helpful. I have recommended Dr. Chaiken to many others and they are all so very thankful.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2010

Started seeing Dr. Chaiken after being diagnosed with mild displasia on my pap. I went to him for a 2nd opinion and liked him better than my current gyn who never took the time to talk to me or explain anything. I have always had a great experience and the staff is very helpful and friendly.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2010

I have been going to different gynecologists for several years for heavy uterine bleeding (without much success) Dr. Chaiken was the first to definitively and successfully diagnose and treat my medical problems. The staff has always been helpful. This is an extremely busy practice and they do a great job.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2007

Dr. Marc L. Chaiken's Credentials

• Univ Of Md Sch Of Med, Baltimore Md 21201 (Grad. 1972)