Ratings for Dr. Shaheda F. Maroof

After 6 visits I'm starting to feel better already.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

The doctor is okay. The office manager seems to think that I'm not being overcharged for my co-payment. In fact I am, after discussing this with the insurance company.

Submitted September 5, 2014

She's one of the most knowledgeable psychiatrist I dealt with. She helped my adolescent child and put her back to school as a performer. She always helped even out of work hours. Many thanks to her and her staff.

Submitted May 11, 2011

Pushed me off for two weeks, then pulled a no-show without contacting me to cancel. Then pushed me off for another 2 weeks. Currently looking for a new doctor.

Submitted June 14, 2010

I am very satisfied with Dr. Maroof. She was very good with my son who has been diagnosed with ADHD, anxiety issues. She did a very good job with informing me on the meds. When I told her a med was not doing well with my 6 year old son, she immediately tried another one which work great. My son is currently on 2 other meds which help him very well. No problems with her. And those complaining about her is WRONG. She has the right to deal with whatever kind of symptoms or issues she chooses. Not everyone is comfortable with substance abuse. She is a awsome doctor and so is her other workers that are under her. Jennifer being one. She has helped me out tremendously. Thanks to this company my son is doing much better.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2010

I strongly disliked her. I read another review about her being "uncomfortable" with substance abuse... well, that may not be true. She took me and put me on some medication for people over the age of 18 and has a horrible side effect of muscle twitches - at the time I was 16 years old! Everytime I went in, she continued to bump up the mg in my prescription. I asked for a change in meds and she refused to change it. Even my parents requested a change and she continued to say that this medication was great for children. I stopped seeing her shortly after and continued withougt medication and was with my psychologist (who is FANTASTIC) and she has seen me over the past year. My diagnosis of bipolar disorder has officially been deemed a misdiagnosis - I'm normal. So I was being pumped with chemicals for nothing. I honestly feel that she didn't care too much for me or my need for a proper diagnosis from her.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2009

Dr M was very through and did her best to help me find a good anti-depressant.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2009

I was looking for medication management for my 14 yr old daughter. Dr. Maroof was not able to help us because she does not work with anyone who has any sort of substance abuse problems. Despite the fact that all we needed was medication management (substance abuse being handled elsewhere), Dr. Maroof was unwilling to take my daughter on because, according to her staff, is "not comfortable" with drug use. I am glad that I was honest about the drug issue because it would have been very uncomfortable to feel as though my daughter was being judged. I doubt that under the circumstances, Dr. Maroof would have been an effective care provider for my daughter and wanted to be sure that others are aware of this being a potential issue.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2008

Very effective with my adolescent son. Prescribes with caution

flag | Submitted February 5, 2008

Very caring and available. Knowledgable, got me from c grade to A grade in college.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2007

Dr. Shaheda F. Maroof's Credentials

• Gandhi Med Coll, Univ Hlth Sci, Vijayawada, Hyderabad, Ap, India (Grad. 1978)