Ratings for Dr. J. Charles MacE

I didn't like Dr. Mace, when he was talking to me he had this uncertainty look on his face when he told me I didn't need surgery but he did say it was a major surgery and his PA done all the work. Doctor is LAZY and DON'T CARE. I found me a doctor in Little Rock and he told me if I didn't have the surgery I would be paralyed cause the arachnoid cyst was compressing 3/4 of the way on my spinal cord so I had the surgery in Little Rock in April 2017 still recovering and still hurting but not as bad as I was before surgery I am doing better just a matter of time. I guess that is what Dr. Mace was waiting on is me being paralyed.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2017

Dr Mace did my back surgery in October 2016 have been in pain since. When you try to explain to him your pain he doesn't even look at you. I said I wished I never had the surgery and he said "I wish I had never done the surgery ". How do you like I felt after that. Mike his pa does all the work. I think even the surgery. He knows more about you then the doctor. So sad. I worked for neurosurgeons. They make him look like a butcher

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

when it comes to follow up he sends you back to primary care dr. funny to me i thought he was a neuro expert but apparently he thinks a primary care dr. knows as much or more than he does. he did what he was told to do according to him and now he was finished go see the dr. who referred me. lazy lazy lazy. enjoy the money dr.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2015

Dr. Mace did my neck surgery the end of 2013. While you want your spinal surgeon to be unflappable, and you expect a pancake like response... his is a crepe. He does not look you in the eye or reassure you or tell you what your feeling is to be expected or give you any prognosis. He punts you to another doctor to follow through on his work. I got a copy of my medical record. If I was a teacher with a red pen I would have lined and corrected the majority of the H/P because he obviously didn't bother to do the work of asking questions or documenting accurately most of my history. Absolutely shocking and a disgusting display of a lazy doctor who only wants to cut and sew and cares only about his operating and fails to treat the patient as a whole person. If I'm forced to use him again, I'll cut my neck off and mail it to him so he can fix it, then he can mail it back when he's done. I feel that's how little he cares about me.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2014

One of the best surgeons in the Springfield area. Dr.Mace did my neck surgery initially in 2001 I believe. Then had a MVA in 2003 had a problem with screws loosening. In 2005 all hardware was removed. Was doing fine until this last year. Have been having problems with numbness and pain. Sad to say Dr. Mace is not in my net work.Of course! Now I have to go with a 2 star surgeon rather than a 4 star. What is a patient to do? I really feel Ins. should let you follow up with your original surgeon. Don't you.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2014

Dr. Mace took care of a non-cancerous brain tumor I had back in 2006. He was awesome. He told me that it was in a very difficult spot to reach, but he was confident he could get it and could get me back on my feet. He was right! I don't mind paying his copay to go see him every year for another clean bill of health (HOPFULLY). Brilliant surgeon.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2011

PA does exam, Dr. orders more MRI's, and tells you he will call and let you know what the MRI report are, he never calls, office help return call for Dr. on MRI report. Dr. only reply to email's I sent his office. After office helped called me.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2010

Tomorrow marks the 1 year anniversary of my back surgery performed by Dr.Charles Mace. Being pain free has changed my life and a big "Thank You" to him for his excellent performance and care. Thanks Again Carla Hurn

flag | Submitted September 2, 2010

Dr.Mace is top notch in his field.Although I have to usually wait over an hour to see him it is worth it because of the quality care you recieve!

flag | Submitted August 19, 2007

Dr. J. Charles MacE's Credentials

• University Of Missouri, Columbia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)