Ratings for Dr. James R. Herman

I really appreciate everyone's comments regarding Dr. Herman. I came this close to going to him and after reading these reviews, I've reconsidered. Not because of Dr. Herman, but this MDVIP thing. I ask you, why pay $1,650 if one has private insurance or Medicare? One gets all of this 'exclusive club's' perks anyway with the aforementioned insurance plans, with very little or no cost at all. What's the attraction, or am I missing something here?

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

My mother PAID $1650 a year membership to see him and when I called to make an appointment the OFFICE MANAGER named DOTTIE was very nasty and RUDE and told me MDVIP never confirmed her as a patient.I then called MDVIP and they told me that IN fact they notified DOTTIE a week prior.i then called back and confronted DOTTIE who then had a breakdown and started crying and telling what a rough time she is having. DOTTIE then hung up crying and told DR.HERMAN who then left a message saying my 85 year old mother was not welcome there as his patient.Dr. Herman never talked face to face and only got DOTTIE'S dramatic crying version. That DOTTYIE is very rude and so unprofessional and DR.HERMAN puts her needs before any of his patients.l did read some other NEGATIVE reviews on here regarding DOTTIE'S rude behavior and couldn't believe what I was reading but having experienced it personally it is all true.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

MDVIP is a $1500 waste of money. That $1500 is JUST to belong to the exclusive Dr Herman club. I've never noticed any change in practice or care. It includes a physical which I could do standing at my bedside and asking myself questions. The amount of labwork is ridiculous as he says that a .1 difference is a reason to take some dangerous medicine and then next visit he says "why do you take this?" I have an eye doctor who sees me every 6 weeks, why do I have to have the assistant do an eye exam? She is great by the way). Then there are lab tests that have to be done in advance of a visit. So I have to drive nearly 200 miles and then be told when I am 1 minute late that I will not get it done because they go to lunch promptly at (1 minute ago.) No I really like Dr Herman. I chose him when he was just finishing his internship, but the MDVIP is going to run me away very soon and I will have to get another skillful doctor. He is only the third primary doctor I have ever had in my life.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

Entire office was extremely helpful, patient and understanding when they worked with my father.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2014

Why does Dr. Herman send you to another doctor and then refuse for you to do what the other doctor said. I have spent a bunch of money seeing the other doctor, then to be told not to do what they said. Why did you send me there in the first place? So frustrating. That puts me between a rock and a hard place. He thinks he is a cardiologist too. Also he is going to join MDVIP and so I will be leaving his practice. I refuse to pay that extra money when we have to deal with Dotty. She is beyond rude which people have noted on here. Dr. Herman is smart but not the ONLY smart doctor in town, even though he thinks he is.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2010

His front office person, Dottie has run away many patients due to her rudeness. The rest of the staff is wonderful.It is a shame that she is the first person you meet. Dr. Herman has been told repeatedly how rude she is, but does nothing about it, so that must mean he doesnt care either. He would not want to be treated that way himself. Many have left or refused to come to his practice because of her. What a shame!

flag | Submitted October 27, 2010

Very attentive,personable and knowledgeable. Thank you very much, Doc.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2010

Dr. Herman is the most compassionate and helpful physician I have ever had. It is very easy to get in touch with his office and get an appointment. I would feel comfortable sending anyone in my family to him.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2010

Everyone on his staff is wonderful except for the pit bull he has as a receptionist. Unfortunately, she is the first person you reach when you go there. If you can get past her, the rest of the visit is wonderful. His nurse is great and always cheerful. His lab person is good, but changes quite often. Dr. Herman is smart and good. My only vise is his front office person.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2010

Knowledgeable, compassionate, direct, concerned with outcome punctual/never have to wait to see him. Explains all tests and procedures. Staff is excellent. Office is clean, decorated very well, easy to get to. I'd recommend Dr. Herman and his staff over just about any doctor anywhere.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2009

Dr. James R. Herman's Credentials

• Medical College Of Georgia (Grad. 1984)