Ratings for Dr. Jens R. Chapman

This guy always left me feeling uneasy but I went ahead with the surgery because of his reputation.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2017

He heals worst cases others avoid. Frankly, most surgeons can't do the complicated surgeries so they don't take the patient. If you take highly impaired people the risk factors are high. The worst cases come through the door 'a mess'. Thank god he did my surgery because an 'average' ortho would have butchered me. I know this because I've worked inside healthcare (Northwestern, Chicago, Mass General, Boston) all of my adult life, and therefore, I know how to pick a "winner" vs. "average" surgeon. Most people pick a surgeon because they 'like' them or 'their friends' told them or looking at sites like this. Go Deeper. Study Up. Training + Experience + level of disability addressed successfully with ALL the facts on board will lead you to Dr. Chapman. I spent a year researching before I approached him. I am qualified to offer this advice.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2017

Google his name before having him work on you or someone you love. He is being sued for using non FDA products in surgeries where people died. He knew about it & he did it any way. He should be in jail. Find another doctor!

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

Do your research on this man. He illegally conducted human experiments during spinal surgeries and killed multiple people. All of this info is readily available from various news sources including Seattle times and King 5 news. AVOID THIS DOCTOR AT ALL COSTS

flag | Submitted May 22, 2016

Dr Chapman is amazing. I have had two fusions from him at the university of Washington and met people who came to him from all over the world the have their surgeries.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

terrible doctor who screwed up me forever, including shattering my pelvis-may karma do to him as he has done to me

flag | Submitted January 30, 2015

excellent physician , very knowledgable, excellent personality

flag | Submitted August 9, 2014

We are very fortunate for my wife to have been referred to Dr. Jens Chapman. He is an expert in orthopedic and neurology surgery including laminoplasty of the cervical spine; an operation our local orthopedic surgeon would not attempt. He is an outstanding surgeon, was very polite and professional. He took the time to explain in detail the pros and cons of the surgery answering all our questions including several options. He performed the laminoplasty at HMC in early May of 2014 with no complications.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2014

this is a bad doctor - he lies, is rude, and arrogant. thank God for Dr. Wagner after many years of needless surgeries not even done correctly by jens crapman, I will never be right but Wagner at least corrected all of crapman's mistakes (psoas muscle shattered my pelvis, punctured lung) and the pain has lessened-but it will always be there. he also gave me drugs he wasn't to do- read the article written last year by fortune magazine call "Bad To The Bone" will show you the kind of doctor he is-more like a Nazi doctor then a human being. my name is Lora Meade and I live in moses lake and I stand 100% behind what I have said. letting this man operate on me was the worst thing that ever happened to me and my biggest regret in life. those that say he is good also "loved the emperor's new clothes" be careful this man can destroy your life!

flag | Submitted April 19, 2014

Dr. Chapman is very detail oriented. He explains the problem and the possible treatments, so you have choices. He talks with you and not at you. He willingly provides you with additional information and sources that are germane to your particular circumstance. His staff is very helpful in dealing with your insurance company.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2011

Dr. Jens R. Chapman's Credentials

• Gesamthochschule Essen, Med Fak, Essen, Germany (Grad. 1983)