Ratings for Dr. Scott D. Marsel

I am also a hard case from Dr. Dorn. She, years ago took me as a patient, even though I was still considered pediatric. When Dr. Dorn fell ill, she made sure that Dr. Marsel would take over my medical care. I was frightened, having been with the angel Dr. Dorn. But my first visit with Dr. Marsel proved he was cut from the same amazing cloth. For years my health was horrible, but monthly, Dr. Marsel, working with my other specialists, refused to give up, and finally got me back to living. He remembers the last visit, and issues, and while he is energetic, I have NEVER felt rushed. Lucy, her nurse, is the best! I mean the BEST! Both my mother and I adore her. Even if I need an emergency appointment, chances are I won't see Dr. Marcel, but everytime I have had an emergency appointment, he will come check at the end, and make sure I understand the treatment, and to reassure me. Dr. Marsel and Lucy are a gift, that I would be glad to recommend to any and all.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2017

NP is wonderful too, Dawn but not so much his MA staff that seems hard to reach and hard to get a response from. Dr. Marsal is a great doctor and great diagnostician. I also like wotking with his nurse practitioner, Dawn who has been immensely helpful for me. Hard to change from my doctor in IL where I had been going since 1981 but I think I hit a bullseye with Dr Marsal and Dawn. I have worked in te medical field for many yars and I can tell the good from the bad and he is Excellent. The changes he has made to my medication is very helpful too. Hardly any wait time in his office.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2016

Impossible to reach a doctor. Very uncaring about the patient. Not responsive to patient needs.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Marsel since I came to Florida in 2003. I was very concerned on leaving NY that I would have difficulty finding a great, caring, careful and knowledgeable physician. I needn't have been. I cannot imagine a better, more thorough and thoughtful doctor. I have rarely had to wait more than 5 minutes past my appointment time. Compared to other doctors I visit (specialists), that is a remarkable on-time record. I make my appointments 3-4 months in advance and have no problem scheduling a reasonable time. If I am ill I can usually get an appointment within a few hours, although it is not with Dr. Marsel himself, but with one of his Physician Assistants. That seems to me to be completely reasonable, he has other patients and is available if there is a problem. I am a very pleased patient of this very good man.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014

Dr. Marcel is a wonderful professional. I have been a patient of this practice for 20 years. Dr. Amy Dorn being my first doctor. I have an enormously complicated medical past, and when Dr. Dorn became sick, she insisted that Dr. Marcel take over my treatment. I miss Dr. Dorn to this day. She was truly one of the most loving people I have ever met, or will, so I was hesitant with Dr. Marcel. He is one of a rare breed, just as caring, and determined as Dr. Dorn! I had an ongoing medical issue for years, but Dr. Marcel never gave up! He is one of the most wonderful doctors I have ever met, and I have met many. He is friendly, and understanding. I have never once felt as though I was looking at as a medical chart rather than a person. I will continue to have Dr. Marcel as my primary care doctor for as long as he is a doctor! Dr. Marcel is a credit to his profession in every way. As well as a credit to humanity itself.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2014

One of the BEST doctors I have attended. Good beside manners and cares for his patients. He makes sure that all his I's are dotted and all his T's are cross. His very serious when it comes to his profession. He makes sure that all his patients have the proper care.He trys to make sure that no mistakes are made. Of course were not all perfect! His patients are important to him. When my mom goes in for her office visits you would think that was his mom. He treats her with such respect and gentleness. My whole family goes to him and we all love him! I have recommended him to my friends and they agree that he is a very good doctor.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2013

Dr. Marsel is very knowledgeable and thourough. He is also very personable and makes you feel comfortable in the exam room.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2011

Have been seeing the doctor for the past ll years. He is one great doctor. In the past the staff was not that great but they have greatly improved in the last 1 1/2 years.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2011

Horrible staff, very rushed, long waits, wrong tests, not friendly or helpful. Terrible doctor and staff.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2011

spends less than 5 min per visit, am a complicated pt,NEVER CAN SEE PCP IF SICK, and staff argues always wants to send to er if sick instead of offering appt

flag | Submitted June 2, 2010

Dr. Scott D. Marsel's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll Of Med, Brooklyn Ny 11203 (Grad. 1992)

MB Health