Ratings for Dr. James Penna

Overall excellence-made surgery a pleasant experience

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

Positive experience with Dr. Penna and with the front desk staff, wait time was normal under 15 minutes. Highly recommend!!!

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

Very hands on and has an amazing team. I've had three knee surgeries and will only use him.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2017

Great MD. Both Dr. Penna and His PA are very professional, personable and knowledgeable. Front desk not so much. But at least SB Ortho is better than they used to be. I recall 4 hour waits in the distant past. I have had both a knee and shoulder operated on by Dr. Penna. No complaints at all. Great work.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2017

long wait, and what other reviewers said about communication

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

I had my ACL repaired 6 months ago and in general was very pleased with Dr. Penna, His PA Jenn is also good. His office is horrible. The staff is rude, the wait is always at least an hour and I have only seen Dr. Penna 1 time since the surgery and that was because I demanded to see him. And don't ever try and call in the morning to reschedule your appointment, they do not answer the phones and when you get through you will be told that you were a "no show" so you will not get priority for rescheduling. I wish Dr. Penna had his own practice...that office is the worst I have ever experienced!!!

flag | Submitted May 23, 2016

Poor communication between doctors, can never talk to live person when needing assistance over the phone. No call backs... Waiting on medical item that dr. penna ordered, he did not write the proper medical information for insurance, Waiting now over 3 weeks for item he ordered to be made, other doctors office calling and leaving messages to correct the issue, with no results,, ive been calling every day for 3 weeks, no call backs.. Still waiting on the medical item that he ordered.. So although he is very knowledgeable in his field.. Patient follow up is a fail!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2015

Very unproffessional. I never saw him after surgery and after 7 months of being in pain, his PA told me" he " wants me to see another doctor. He didn't even have the decency to speak to me or return any of my calls.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

In the last year, my husband had shoulder surgery and my son had knee surgery with Dr. Penna. They are both doing extremely well. My son had a complete tear of his patella femoral medial ligament. Everyone kept telling us to go into NYC but we didn't as we felt so comfortable and confident in Dr. Penna. Now my ankle is becoming an issue and I have no doubt Dr. Penna will be doing the surgery for me as well. Is there a three family member discount?

flag | Submitted June 19, 2015

I was involved in a serious boat injury that tore my rotator cuff which required a graph repair I am on my way to recovery He s a great doctor and surgeon. He has surrounded himself with a great staff Jenn is quite qualified and compassionate Cristen and Jo Ann are wonderful Post care is what it's all about they have been there for me. Fortunate to have professional care like this close to home. Dan Rourke

flag | Submitted January 21, 2013