Ratings for Dr. Timothy D. Bancroft

Dr. Bancroft is great! He is always very informative, nice, has patience and is accurate with his diagnosis. I feel very confident in what he says and my children love him!!! Eventually found out that other people I know go to him and completely love and trust him!!! So happy to have found peace of mind with my children's doctor. Would recommend him greatly.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

We have been fortunate to call Dr. Bancroft our pediatrician since our first born of three arrived five years ago. He has been a constant source of honest and reliable care for all three of our children and we can't imagine ever having another pediatrician. From the minute we met him, he gave us a level of trust that every parent hopes to have from the doctor in charge of our vulnerable little ones. He is extremely knowledgeable and has an uncanny ability to explain the illness or complication and provide a clear understanding of what we need to do to get our kids healthy. He has always listened to any and all of our concerns and made us comfortable with the right treatment plan. We have referred Doctor Bancroft to anyone and everyone we know with kids and several of our friends have changed pediatricians as a result. Each one has told us how pleased they are with him becoming their doctor and that they wish he had been their pediatrician from the beginning. We couldn't say enough great things about Doctor Bancroft and feel lucky to have him as a vital part of our family. Hands down, he is the BEST pediatrician in San Diego.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Dr. Bancroft has been our Childrens doctor of the past four years. I couldn't be more happy with his professional bedside manner and how thorough he is. He is truly wonderful, courteous and always follows up with a call. He's THAT Doctor who goes the distance. I actually moved quite far and we now travel to see him! I couldn't recommend him more!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

On the 8th day of fever, my son was seen by Dr Bancroft, he seemed unhappy to see us and talked unfriendly. He thought my son just had inflammation even though my poor child was coughing hard. He ordered an X-ray but told us to go home to wait for his call instead of waiting for the result even though my son was so tired of moving and X-ray in the same building can be sent to him within two minutes! I then took my poor kid home and he was lying down on sofa! He finally called me two or three hours later and told us to go back to clinic to get a shot! I did not realized how serious it was since I did not get to see X-ray and asked if we could do oral medicine instead! He did patently told me it was risky or it was better to have shot using his professionalism! He seemed not cared about whatever parents' decision were or how that effected the child he just saw! He did not return my later call to confirm it was safe to have oral medicine! Although my son's coughing was greatly reduced after three doses of oral medicine, we followed his direction to see another pediatrician the next day, just because the different doctor did not know how he was the day before, she thought he was not improving and sent us to the killing Rady, where he got worse again after being improved at home, where he was not able to move or talk after one day of hospital mistreatment, where he got into life support due to three guessed medicine based on nothing, for 26 days, including 15 days in ICU! All those heartbreaking things and harms could have been avoided if he allowed us to see X-ray instead of going home, if he educated non-professional parents or cared my son enough, if he returned my call on how risky of not doing a shot before oral medicine, if he did not let us see an different doctor the next day!

Submitted March 26, 2017

I have taken my 4 children to Dr Bancroft for the past 4 years and he has been a wonderful source of information and comfort. He knows how to reassure a worried parent. I refer my co-workers to him when they have had a new baby and they are uniformly thrilled with his expertise.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2015

When we first met Dr. Bancroft, he was nice and patient. But for a recent visit, he was very rude and impatient. When I ,as a parent, tried to express some of my concerns, he cut me off and refused to discuss the problem with me further. I am very disappointed and definitely not happy!

Submitted March 27, 2015

We love Dr. Bancroft, he is an excellent doctor! He cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

Dr. Bancroft is awesome. Our boys love him so doctor visits are fun. He is patient, thorough and kind.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2013

Dr. Timothy D. Bancroft's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Medical School (Grad. 1991)