You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Scott Wilson

Worst neurologist ever! He his like a robot. Very crapy bedside matter

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

Worst neurologist ever! Seems the "all in your head" line is a favourite of his. Saw him in late 2011 for constant headaches from concussion, or so we thought. He proceeded to tell my employer that I was making it all up and it was "all in my head", I just didn't want to go back to work. Stupid part was, I loved my job and because of him I no longer have it!! Took to long to figure out what was wrong. Lab work done back then wasn't investigated further. That lab work showed positive for a blood clotting disorder and low platelets and could have diagnosed my blood clotting disorder and prevented a TIA that could have killed me. Nope, guy wanted to be a douche instead and let another Dr have to deal with it three years later. He's lucky I am still alive. The guy is a jerk and shouldn't have a licence. I was only 28. God forbid a 28yr old had anything wrong. That's another favourite, "you're too young for that" or "you're too young to be having these symptoms". Tell that to the poor kids at ACH jerk. The human body will do as it pleases. Age has nothing to do with it. I do hope he stops ignoring patients. People shouldn't have to die because doctors don't want to do their job. If anyone is stuck seeing him, I wish you good luck :-( this would have been a bit more vocal but it won't let me swear so I have to play nice.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2015

I can't believe Dr Scott Wilson is allowed to practice medicine as he does. I had an MRI and follow up nerve testing by Dr. Wilson's office in 2012 and due to his neglect in returning calls and letters from my doctors, I eventually have had yo see a new neurologist and have these same tests repeated to get my results. This has taken over 3 years to accomplish and I now await seeing a surgeon for a pinched nerve. This delay has caused unnecessary suffering and extra expense to our health system. When will the system discipline the doctors involved in our failing health program?

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015

If you have a head injury with difficult diagnosis, well ... good luck.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

I have been dealing with symptoms that can either be relatively benign or indicative of something life threatening. Through my own research I have found many people with the same symptoms have been brushed off by specialists and been told it's nothing and they need to live with it. I went into Dr Wilson's office prepared to advocate for myself and insist on testing, but to my surprise I did not have to do any of that. He was very aware of my symptoms, the conditions that can cause them and the diagnostic necessities needed to diagnose. I felt very confident that he knew his stuff and that I could trust his answers and advice. His staff were very personable and friendly through the entire visit. While he was late by about 30 mins for my appointment, he was much quicker than I expected and I have no doubt it's because caring for his patients comes before watching the clock. His bedside manner is fantastic. I am one of those people who has a lot of anxiety when it comes to anything medical and I felt instantly at ease with him. He was kind and gentle, and took the time to explain my test results and any further tests we would be doing. He listened to my questions and eased my fears. While he doesn't feel my condition is one that is more than a minor annoyance he is still sending me for further testing to be completely thorough and to be absolutely sure we haven't missed anything. Great experience and it was well worth the wait to get in to see him!

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

flag | Submitted December 3, 2014

I am shocked at some of these comments! I saw Dr. Wilson today and thought he was extremely personable and helpful. He answered all of my questions and eased my fears and did a thorough exam. I wish we had a Neuoroligist like him in Red Deer. I wouldn't hesitate to come back to see him. I found him to be one of the best doctors I have ever seen in my life! He was worth the wait. Thanks Dr. Wilson!

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

WOW! Someone take this guy’s license away PLEASE! My dad arrived at the Rocky View Hospital via ambulance displaying seizure like symptoms. He was admitted into the emergency room and had an evaluation by "Dr." Wilson. Mr. (I don’t feel he deserves the title of Dr.) Wilson started by ignorantly telling us it was supposed to be his day off and he didn’t want to be there. He proceeded to run a couple tests, but since nothing obvious showed up in the MRI or EEG he basically gave up and began to mock my father’s symptoms saying it was “all in his head”. He even had the nerve to pull my terrified mother aside and ask her if my dad was "in need of attention" - alluding to the possibility that he might be "acting". I’d like to let Mr. Wilson know due to his stellar abilities as a “doctor” he missed a massive brain tumor that took my dad’s life 3 months later. Thanks Mr. Wilson, I hope you get the same care and attention from a medical professional in your time of need.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2012

I have been seeing Dr Wilson for over seven years for my CIDP. Since this was a very rare disorder, no one in this area had much experience with it, it took many many tests such as Xrays, CTScans, MRIs, lumbar puncture, blood tests and ultra sounds, starting in June to diagnose the problem. Waiting times between tests were the biggest problem and I finally got a conclusive diagnosis and was put on IVIG in October. By that time I was totally disabled. Over the next 3 years I had to learn to walk again and become self-sufficient. During all this time he was very supportive and made time to meet with my family and myself both on Calgary and in Canmore. He discussed the treatment alternatives and is always open to talking about problems. He is supportive of me being active and traveling. He really listens to me on check-ups. I have been happy with my treatment and support I have received from him and would recommend him to other CIDP and GBS patients.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2012

Dr. Scott Wilson's Credentials

Workers Comp

Updates

• A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Worst neurologist ever! He his like a robot. Very crapy bedside matter "

January 6, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Worst neurologist ever! Seems the "all in your head" line is a favourite of his. Saw him in late 2011 for constant headaches from concussion, or so we thought. ..."

November 24, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I can't believe Dr Scott Wilson is allowed to practice medicine as he does. I had an MRI and follow up nerve testing by Dr. Wilson's office in 2012 and due to ..."

September 11, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "If you have a head injury with difficult diagnosis, well ... good luck."

June 24, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "T1Y0" to "T3H 5X2". Address has been updated from "None" to "10 Discovery Ridge Hill Southwest". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "14032171222".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been dealing with symptoms that can either be relatively benign or indicative of something life threatening. Through my own research I have found many pe..."

May 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Seen him twice. He was very helpful and knowledgeable. The only person who has given me a straight answer in 3 years. I am so thankful for him!!!!"

February 25, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Dr Wilson was very thorough with his tests...vg Dr from my first visit impression!"

December 3, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I am shocked at some of these comments! I saw Dr. Wilson today and thought he was extremely personable and helpful. He answered all of my questions and eased m..."

October 28, 2014