You may also like

Rate Dr. Scott Wilson

Dr. Scott Wilson's Ratings

If you have a head injury with difficult diagnosis, well ... good luck.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2846959].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

I have been dealing with symptoms that can either be relatively benign or indicative of something life threatening. Through my own research I have found many people with the same symptoms have been brushed off by specialists and been told it's nothing and they need to live with it.

I went into Dr Wilson's office prepared to advocate for myself and insist on testing, but to my surprise I did not have to do any of that. He was very aware of my symptoms, the conditions that can cause them and the diagnostic necessities needed to diagnose. I felt very confident that he knew his stuff and that I could trust his answers and advice.

His staff were very personable and friendly through the entire visit. While he was late by about 30 mins for my appointment, he was much quicker than I expected and I have no doubt it's because caring for his patients comes before watching the clock.

His bedside manner is fantastic. I am one of those people who has a lot of anxiety when it comes to anything medical and I felt instantly at ease with him. He was kind and gentle, and took the time to explain my test results and any further tests we would be doing. He listened to my questions and eased my fears.

While he doesn't feel my condition is one that is more than a minor annoyance he is still sending me for further testing to be completely thorough and to be absolutely sure we haven't missed anything.

Great experience and it was well worth the wait to get in to see him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2808044].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

Seen him twice. He was very helpful and knowledgeable. The only person who has given me a straight answer in 3 years. I am so thankful for him!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2735736].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2015

Dr Wilson was very thorough with his tests...vg Dr from my first visit impression!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2641435].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2014

I am shocked at some of these comments! I saw Dr. Wilson today and thought he was extremely personable and helpful. He answered all of my questions and eased my fears and did a thorough exam. I wish we had a Neuoroligist like him in Red Deer. I wouldn't hesitate to come back to see him. I found him to be one of the best doctors I have ever seen in my life! He was worth the wait. Thanks Dr. Wilson!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2597379].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2014

WOW! Someone take this guy’s license away PLEASE! My dad arrived at the Rocky View Hospital via ambulance displaying seizure like symptoms. He was admitted into the emergency room and had an evaluation by "Dr." Wilson. Mr. (I don’t feel he deserves the title of Dr.) Wilson started by ignorantly telling us it was supposed to be his day off and he didn’t want to be there. He proceeded to run a couple tests, but since nothing obvious showed up in the MRI or EEG he basically gave up and began to mock my father’s symptoms saying it was “all in his head”. He even had the nerve to pull my terrified mother aside and ask her if my dad was "in need of attention" - alluding to the possibility that he might be "acting". I’d like to let Mr. Wilson know due to his stellar abilities as a “doctor” he missed a massive brain tumor that took my dad’s life 3 months later. Thanks Mr. Wilson, I hope you get the same care and attention from a medical professional in your time of need.

Was this rating useful? 6 [[ userState['ratings'][1021751].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2012

I have been seeing Dr Wilson for over seven years for my CIDP. Since this was a very rare disorder, no one in this area had much experience with it, it took many many tests such as Xrays, CTScans, MRIs, lumbar puncture, blood tests and ultra sounds, starting in June to diagnose the problem. Waiting times between tests were the biggest problem and I finally got a conclusive diagnosis and was put on IVIG in October. By that time I was totally disabled. Over the next 3 years I had to learn to walk again and become self-sufficient. During all this time he was very supportive and made time to meet with my family and myself both on Calgary and in Canmore. He discussed the treatment alternatives and is always open to talking about problems. He is supportive of me being active and traveling. He really listens to me on check-ups. I have been happy with my treatment and support I have received from him and would recommend him to other CIDP and GBS patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1021753].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 7, 2012

Dr. Wilson was thorough, polite and helpful. He was thoughtful, reviewed my health history extensively and was able to rule out several serious conditions. If my issue doesn't clear up, I'll be very happy to call back for a followup - when I called to book my appt initially, the receptionist answered on the second ring. The only reason he's not rated a 5 by me: Doc did mention that my issue may be due to stress which, in my opinion, is the worst doctor excuse for health issues ever. It delays resolution and diagnosis. I have a pretty relaxed life and my colleagues under far more stress don't have my health issue. That was my only complaint, it's a real pet peeve of mine!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1021750].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 26, 2012

I was a bit worried after reading the previous comments for this doctor, but was pleasantly surprised once I got there. Dr.Wilson took the time to show and thoroughly explain the MRI images. As a mental health professional myself I thought he was very knowledgable and caring. I had bad experiences in the past with neurologists (arrogance, dismissive) so I was relieved that this time was different. I highly recommend Dr. Wilson; he is well-worth the long drive to Discovery Ridge!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1021749].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 4, 2011

He is an amazing doctor. He is really helpful. He is knowledgeable and knows what he is doing. I have so much respect for him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1021752].votes_count ]]