Ratings for Dr. Frank J. Rowan

Do not use this man for workers comp claims of the back. He is not an expert on the back; however, he thinks he is the medicine god of the back.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2016

Dr Rowan is brilliant. He listens well and explains options well. I was sure I was going to sign up for surgery with another ortho doc in town but wanted a second opinion. I liked Dr Rowan so much I decided to have him do the procedure only to have him tell me surgery would be the last resort and he wanted me to try a few things first. Three years later and he was right. I didn't need surgery and with proper PT for about 6 mos I was be back to my old self. Some docs go straight for the procedure that pays them the most but not this one! I asked at the desk when checking in who they would go to for surgery . Three of them said Dr Rowan. I think that says alot right there. I have heard all the partners are good too. I hope he doesn't retire anytime soon because I have family members who will need a good ortho doc to tend to their joint issues!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

Told me my back was in better shape than his and what I could do for my back was get out and use it. Come to find out I have 3 herniated cervical discs and spinal cord compression. QUACK!!!! Not competent.

Submitted July 8, 2014

Went to Dr. Frank for hip pain. He was very thorough in exam and explaining things to me. He was recommnded to me by family & friends. One family member had two knee replacements and the other two friends had hip replacements. I saw their lives improve dramatically so I hoped to have the same experience and I did! Hate to see bad reviews. Must be tough to be a doctor and have to deal with people in pain, some who abuse the right to have pain meds and some who really need them. Luckily I didn't require a long time needing them as I tend to have bad reactions to most of them. Physical therapy is great there too. Very friendly and caring staff. Here's to hoping I don't need him for a very long time but if I do, he is the one I am going to.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2014

I had a broken hip.My first visit,Dr.Rowan accused me of trying to obtain opiates.I have had a pain Dr. for 10 years.He accused me of lying in order to be admitted to the hospital.This is the worst experience I have ever had with a doctor.Several times while conversing with him he told me to not interrupt him.WILL NEVER GO BACK.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2014

This doctor did not listen to me. He was extremely rude and condescending. I waited 45 minutes for him to spend 9 minutes with me and half of that time I was asking questions that he answered rudely. A very bad experience to endure while injured.

Submitted August 16, 2013

Knows his stuff. Love his new PA. Cares about his patients. Have been to him several times over the years and recommended him to several friends who also had good experiences.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2010

Excellent - I had a really complicated hip problem, he fixed it (replacement was not easy),but he did it 8 yrs ago - it's fine, now. Also, a great PA...

flag | Submitted September 4, 2009

Straightfoward,knows his business,Does good work-I'm proof-PA is Blair,very supportive-Same goes for her.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2008

Very thorough. Explains procedures, outcomes and shows concern about whether you understand. Seems to be a very caring person.Returns follow up calls promptly. His assistant also very helpful.Front office girls too chatty but once I was in the room , all smooth! Both knees he replaced are doing fantastic! Would recommend to family & friends!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2007

Dr. Frank J. Rowan's Credentials

• University Of Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)