Ratings for Dr. Mikhail Gorokhov

Today (7/9/14) my eleven year old son was taken to a Family Dr. in Atlanta, GA by a friend while I, his mother, was working. I made the appointment for him to receive a whooping cough vaccination per his schools request. The request letter from the school was sent with him to the Doctors office with the necessary vaccination highlighted. The Dr. gave him 3 additional vaccines without parental consent. When I asked the Doctor how he could possibly administer a non-emergency medical procedure with out the parents awareness or authorization he defensively postured and told me 'We make the decisions, we decide'.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2014

I had an issue which required a urine test. I was a patient of Dr. Gorokhov. He was out to the office for a week. I was referred to his wife. I was told that my results would take 48 hours and if I didn't hear anything everything was okay. I was told that if I still experienced the problem after 48 hours to call back. I called my results were not in. Fast forward to a week later. My result FINALLY came back! I was told that my the dr.did not have time to look at my results. Of course,it's now a week later and I'm still waiting on my results...So I called my PRIMARY Care Dr. to see if they could get the results..I was told that they could mail them to me or fax them to another dr. I am confused what's the purpose of your primary care doctor? Shouldn't my primary care dr make sure I was aware of the test results? Shouldn't my primary care dr be just that my primary care dr.SMH it's so hard to find good dr.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2013

This doctor is the best in Ga. He is very helpful to me and my whole family. Dr.G is a doctor I can trust !

flag | Submitted April 7, 2012

The front desk girls are rude for no reason and the Dr was rude and condescending!!! I brought my daughter in for a cough that she has had for weeks and he raised his voice to her and told her to stop coughing! He also yelled at me for giving her a medication that was previously prescribed to her by another doctor to try and help her cough. He said that I should of done more research on the medication before I gave it to my daughter! It was prednisone. This Dr was completely out of line and scared my daughter!!!!!!! I would strongly advise finding a different doctor

flag | Submitted August 19, 2011

My boyfriend called to make an appointment with this doctor the day before we drove 2 hours into Atlanta JUST to see him. When we arrived the next day - they denied him medical care. The Russian nurses can't speak a WORD of English. They are very incompetent and we're unhelpful. They were also very rude to us when we were simply asking them for information on how to correct the problem. When we called the insurance company IN THEIR OFFICE they accused us of lying to them about having insurance and refused to take the confirmation number that the insurance company gave to them. The office is dirty and unkept. I wouldn't recommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2008

MD refused to see me because I have a $0 COPAY. I was told that I had to pay the $65.00 fee in order to get a refill on my prescriptions. He also commented on how many patients come in his office without valid insurance. He said he has to take special precautions to protect himself. No one asked for my medical history. The service and office visit was awful. I would rather go to GRADY!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2008

The doctor and his staff are very rude. I had a slight problem with my insurance that was easily solved calling the insurance company, but the office personnel at the clinic was not interested at all in helping me, they were rude and just told me that I would have to pay the full amount. They were not even willing to call the insurance, so I had to call them from my cellphone. After seeing the doctor I had to come back a few days later to request for a certificate explaining my health condition, and they were requesting me to pay another visit to the doctor to give me such certificate. When I complained about paying again, the doctor came out yelling at me and telling me to go if I didn't want to talk to him. I was shocked, I never saw such a behavior in a clinic and from a doctor. My previous experience is that doctors and their staff are always polite, they might probably be arrogant or plain, but never saw a doctor yelling at a patient for such a silly issue.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2007

love him.very knowledgeable,caring.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2007

Dr. Mikhail Gorokhov's Credentials

• Mercer University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)