Ratings for Dr. Brian Toyota

Very arrogant, no compassion, no feeling and not enough skills in his field, I do not recommend him to any human being,

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

Good doctor .staff is soso. Thanks. Bit of a wait but good

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

Dr. Toyota is a highly intelligent doctor who treats patients with the utmost care and family members with the utmost kindness. He took on my husband's case (traumatic brain injury, not a tumour) when other neurosurgeons said that nothing could be done. He followed through and brought in other doctors when a lung ingpfection developed, and he stood by us all the way through eight tortuous weeks. We learned that if Dr. Toyota said it was possible, it was. Right from the beginning, he said my husband would walk and talk by the summer. He is already doing that, and we have months to go before he reaches full recovery. I cannot say enough good things about this man. He is an exemplary example for every young neurosurgeon to try to follow.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

Dr Toyota is a highly skilled neurosurgeon with professional bedside manner. I was diagnosed with a suspected low grade glioma in the prime of my life and was advised by my local neurosx to watch and wait. I was motivated to seek other opinions and got connected with Dr Toyota. He clearly explained the risks and benefits of immediate resection and how likely it was to be successful. He met and exceeded my expectations. Now I have my health back and can move forward with my life. Not a day goes by that I am not grateful for him. I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted December 16, 2016

In addition to being a skilled neurosurgeon, Dr Toyota is one of the most caring and compassionate individuals who has ever touched the lives of my family members. His patients are more than just the diagnosis they present with, he acknowledges them as the person they are - mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers....and he allows them to maintain their hope, even in the midst of sometimes devastating developments. He has been a gift to our family.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

Dr Toyota is one of the best doctors we have encountered, though he is very busy he always is there or in contact when he is needed. He is a man who wants to find solutions and is not satisfied with just standard treatment. He worked with us as a team, his support was critical to fighting our battle against a horrible brain tumor. The final chapter has not been written in this battle, but no matter the final outcome , he did everything that he could.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

There is a post that is a few posts below this one that is quite unfair to Dr. Toyota. My experiences with the doctor have always been pleasant. He is definitely a compassionate human being. Dr. Toyota is an amazing physician. He operated on me in early 2013. He always treated me with grace and dignity. This was very helpful because for a long time my symptoms impacted my memory and attention span and made me feel quite ill. His staff are very kind, competent and considerate too. I will say that he is a surgeon and not a life coach or rehab specialist, so if you have issues following your surgery it is best to seek additional resources.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

With regard to my post of December 29 2015, beginning with the words "Yes he is known far and wide....", I HEREBY RETRACT THIS POST AND THESE COMMENTS. They are invalid and unwarranted and were made in a severely depressive state of anger related to my PTSD. I asked Rate MD to delete this post and they have not done so. I deeply regret my comments regarding Dr. Toyota.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2015

Yes, he is known far and wide as a top surgeon. But as a human being? As he told my son, he would die soon, from his brain tumour, dr Toyota could not have presented it more I humanely, more coldly, more total without any compassion. Not one kind word. Just tell us the facts, and get out of my office, so I can get to the next case. This one was a loss. No money or what? We didn't speak, we just cried and left this heartless hole's office. After so many years doing this, he is just a skillful machine. Humanity has left him.

Submitted December 29, 2015

Dr. Toyota is a remarkable doctor. I moved to Calgary and the Tom Baker allowed my tumour to grow into an entirely different section of my brain without notifying me. When I was finally shown my scan I sent a copy to Dr. Toyota who did surgery immediately. It was the second surgery he did for me and I can't imagine feeling safe in any doctor's hands but his. He genuinely made me and makes me feel like I'm part of his family. Having Dr. Toyota as my neurosurgeon is, simply put, my gift from God. My boys are 7 and 4 and I hope to see them become men. Thank you Dr. Toyota may God bless you and your family immensely!

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015