Ratings for Dr. Brian Toyota

19 years ago my mom came off a cruise ship and was taken to VGH. She was bleeding from her brain and Dr. Toyota was the Doctor who treated her. Mom was given a 1% (yes one percent) chance to live. Dr. Toyota saved her life. Our family is extremely grateful for his knowledge and expertise! 19 years later mom is still with us. Thank you Dr. Toyota!

flag | Submitted July 22, 2018

He is a best doctor I ever met... How i explain he was suggest me for brain removal surgery

flag | Submitted January 22, 2018

I am very grateful to have Dr Toyota and his special team for my second craniotomy after my previous doctor said he could not do any more for me. Dr Toyota is professional, unwavering, compassionate , patient, approachable, teammate. Although he is a significantly accomplished doctor, his patient-centred approach to the scary diagnosis of a brain tumour, for my situation, was reassuring and allowed me to feel I am “in the drivers seat”. My recent surgery ( 10 days ago) went exactly how Dr Toyota suggested it would, 3-4 days in hospital and no lingering effects from surgery, I have my complete trust in Dr Toyota. I am happy I chose the surgery, thank you thank you Dr Toyota ,you gave me the ultimate Christmas gift.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2017

Patient and kind man. Took time to answer all my questions factually in ways that left me feeling confident in him. Brain tumor is a scary diagnosis and Dr Toyota helped to dispel the fear. He allowed me time to consider whether to have the surgery or not and stayed in touch with me during that time. When I made the choice to go ahead with it, he scheduled the surgery quickly. His staff were equally caring and patient with my questions. After the surgery, in addition to follow up phone calls, I received several calls from his nurse inquiring about my well being. I feel fortunate to have been referred to Dr Toyota. He removed the tumor and I have experienced no residual effects from the tumor or the surgery.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2017

Very arrogant, no compassion, no feeling and not enough skills in his field, I do not recommend him to any human being,

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

Good doctor .staff is soso. Thanks. Bit of a wait but good

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

Dr. Toyota is a highly intelligent doctor who treats patients with the utmost care and family members with the utmost kindness. He took on my husband's case (traumatic brain injury, not a tumour) when other neurosurgeons said that nothing could be done. He followed through and brought in other doctors when a lung ingpfection developed, and he stood by us all the way through eight tortuous weeks. We learned that if Dr. Toyota said it was possible, it was. Right from the beginning, he said my husband would walk and talk by the summer. He is already doing that, and we have months to go before he reaches full recovery. I cannot say enough good things about this man. He is an exemplary example for every young neurosurgeon to try to follow.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

Dr Toyota is a highly skilled neurosurgeon with professional bedside manner. I was diagnosed with a suspected low grade glioma in the prime of my life and was advised by my local neurosx to watch and wait. I was motivated to seek other opinions and got connected with Dr Toyota. He clearly explained the risks and benefits of immediate resection and how likely it was to be successful. He met and exceeded my expectations. Now I have my health back and can move forward with my life. Not a day goes by that I am not grateful for him. I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted December 16, 2016

In addition to being a skilled neurosurgeon, Dr Toyota is one of the most caring and compassionate individuals who has ever touched the lives of my family members. His patients are more than just the diagnosis they present with, he acknowledges them as the person they are - mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers....and he allows them to maintain their hope, even in the midst of sometimes devastating developments. He has been a gift to our family.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

Dr Toyota is one of the best doctors we have encountered, though he is very busy he always is there or in contact when he is needed. He is a man who wants to find solutions and is not satisfied with just standard treatment. He worked with us as a team, his support was critical to fighting our battle against a horrible brain tumor. The final chapter has not been written in this battle, but no matter the final outcome , he did everything that he could.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016