Ratings for Dr. Ronald Hart

Dr. Hart is very nice BUT the practice sucks. I have never had an appointment that I didn't wait at least 45 minutes. That is no exaggeration, in fact, I am probably being conservative. I went to Dr. Hart the end of October of 2016 with back pain. He said he would order me an MRI. January of 2017 comes around and still no MRI. I go back to see him in January because the pain is getting much worse. I told him he had ordered me an MRI in October but I never heard a thing about it. This time an MRI was done. I went back for the results and was told I had a pretty big tumor on one of my vertebrae. Instead of ordering a biopsy or anything else he referred me to Orthopedists at UCSF. The earliest appointment I was able to get was for March 23rd. That is over 5 months from the first time I went to him with the issue. I was in ridiculous pain. Repeated trips to the ER because it was unbearable. I am not a pill popper so my goal was not to get pain meds. Whenever he would order anything that would require insurance pre-approval it would never get done. An order was placed that needed a pre-approval. Two weeks after the order I called the practice and asked what the status was. The front desk gentleman said they were still waiting on the insurance company. I called the insurance company and they had no record at all regarding that order. Later that afternoon I called the insurance company and the order was just placed that day after I called the office. That happened a few times. After barely surviving the pain until March I finally had to call 911 and get taken to the hospital. The pain was unimaginable. After they helped me I went to a different Dr, THAT DAY. That very night I was in Rideout Hospital getting the ball rolling. Turns out I had/have cancer. Why could he not have done anything worthwhile about this? The agony I was in because he didn't have the ability to do what was right for his patient. His staff that is responsible for pre-approvals should be fired. The other staff are very nice. The dude at the front desk is awful which also happens to be the one for the pre-approvals. NEVER will I go back to him. I have and will always discourage anyone from going to him. I know of two other people who USED TO go to him and couldn't get anything done. They both had cancer also. I can't tell their story because it would be hearsay. STAY AWAY!!!

flag | Submitted February 20, 2018

Dr. Hart is a family physician that puts the meaning in the word family. He makes us all feel like we are his own family. He is the most caring and thoughtful physician I have ever known. Add to that incredibly thorough and careful. He can usually diagnose the problem, however if he cannot he does not give up on you, but finds you the best specialist possible. You could not ask more from your physician.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2007