Ratings for Dr. Catherine A. Buerchner

We love Dr. Buerchner and Rita! She was my OB for my first child and I'm back again with #2!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Dr.Buerchner is a knowledgeable, passionate, considerate doctor who loves what she does.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

Dr B delivered my sister's 3 babies, did surgery on me, and delivered my baby by C-section. She is so calm and never makes me feel rushed. She is amazing!

flag | Submitted December 18, 2014

I love Dr Buerchner!! I have had a wonderful experience with her and her staff throughout my pregnancy and postpartum care. She has been caring, patient and very helpful in answering questions! She was there to deliver my baby even though she was not on call that day and patiently helped me through labor! Highly recommended!!

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

I had a great experience with Dr. Buerchner throughout my entire pregnancy. Her staff is wonderful, especially her RN, Lynda. When it came time for delivery at Scripps Memorial hospital she came in after her work day to deliver my baby. I highly recommend her to all of my friends.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2014

We had very good experience with Dr. Buerchner . She would always maintain calm and won't let us lose our cool either. She is happy to hear all our concerns. First few visits will be with the NP and rest with Dr. Buerchner . It would be great if u have her for the delivery. A great compassionate doctor .

flag | Submitted August 15, 2014

We had a great experience with Dr.B. Yes, you see the NP more (in the beginning of pregnancy) but I'm not sure how unusual that is at any other medical group. She answered our questions honestly, directed us to classes and literature when we wanted more info. She showed up on her day off to delivery our baby and I have no idea why there are others noting she is rude. She will not sugar coat anything so if you need someone to be fluffy & tell you what you want to hear, vs. what is best for the safety of you & the baby maybe she isn't your style. I am sad we moved bc I love all the nurses, techs and NP there. When we had a little scare at 20 wks she was reassuring and helped us get thru waiting for test results. I would for sure recommend Dr.B, as well as Dr. Dunn her partner in the OB/GYN group.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2014

Dr. Buerchner is a horrible, negligent physician. I do not recommend her to anyone. She is extremely rude and makes you feel like you are wasting her time by seeing her. Not to mention her lack of medical attention. Then I got stuck with her astronomical bill! I vote her the worst physician in the Scripps network.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2013

Dr. B ruptured membranes that caused premature water break and all this was done without notifying the patient.As a result of all these, I had to undergo C section instead of natural delivery

flag | Submitted June 1, 2012

She left me a casual message on my voicemail hours after an anatomy scan I had done telling me the baby had a cyst on its brain and a spot on its heart. I had no idea what this meant and it really freaked me out, when I called back her nurse was at lunch and they didn't call me back until 4 hours later. It ended up being nothing to worry about after seeing a specialist, but this behavior was highly unprofessional. Today she told me to watch my weight, even though I am gaining at a rate that is consistent with my last pregnancy and it was not deemed a problem that time. She just really rubs me the wrong way and I plan to seek a new OB so I don't need to deal with the anxiety of wondering what she will do to piss me off next.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2011

Dr. Catherine A. Buerchner's Credentials

• University Of California, Ucla School Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)