Ratings for Dr. Miles E. Mahan

Only see him yearly. Always sociable & pleasant. No more than 15-20 minute wait.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

Great and wonderful doctor, I just wish he had more time for his patients. He seems to have to many, and very little time to spend time with each.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

My husband & I have been trying to conceive for years. I went in for my regular 6 weeks pregnancy test & one of the nurses called me with results to let me know it came back positive. Of course I was ecstatic, got a call a few hours later saying I'm sorry the other lady was new and gave you the wrong information. Sorry but your not pregnant. I was furious & very disappointed. Half of Mahan's patients are there for fertility problems. Haven't been back yet. & I really liked Dr. Mahan.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2015

Dr Mahan and staff are great. He delivered my first child in 2003 my second in 2005 and was my Dr in 2009 while pregnant with twins until I moved to Katy. Now I'm due March 2015 and he will deliver this baby girl also. I trust him as a Dr and I am so glad he will perform my csection.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2015

My doctor is David Bonilla. However, he was out of the office that morning so I was seen by Dr. Mahan. I was not impressed. He was abrupt and rude. I took the glucose tolerance test and was unable to complete it because I vomitied the glucose. He told me that it rearly happens which is not true since I am a nurse for the same hospital he delivers babies at. Pregnant women often get sick to their stomachs. Then he yelled out in the nurses station who in my family had tuberculosis. My father did because he is a police office and was exposed to it from an inmate. I didn't believe I should have had to explain that in detail. I really like Dr. Bonilla however his partner Dr. Mahan is terrible. He may be knowledgeable but he needs to work on his bedside manner. Memorial Hermann Freedom of Choice Insurance

flag | Submitted May 25, 2012

Dr. Mahan is very professional and genuinely cares about his patients. I am going to see him for as long as I live in the area. To the person who said that he was asking it about military rank, it was probably because he is in the military himself and was just curious. To the person who wanted a free ultra sound: Are you serious? Do you expect free food at a restaurant because you pay in cash? Really?

flag | Submitted February 19, 2012

Very helpful. I was surprised that he would see me before I had my medicaid. In fact he was the only one. He was very pleasant and spent alot of time doing my ultrasound. I would dfinitely recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2010

What can I say but that I am glad I didn't read whoever wrote the awful complaint about her delivery before going to NEWHC. I had moved to the area from California and was very worried about finding a good doctor. Instead I found three. I was already 6 months pregnant and I couldn't get anyone to call me back. I had to go to the hospital for cramps and Dr Mahan was on call. He diagnosed me with preterm labor and fortunately was able to stop it. He was kind and sympathetic, as I was an emotional wreck. After I was discharged, he took me on as a patient. His office is great. I understand insurnces can be a problem, and his staff helped tremendously. My only complaint is that I wasn't able to see him sooner.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2010

I read the other two responses and could hardly believe that this was the doctor who cared for me during my pregnancy. He was awesome, and spent so much time with me. I have complications with a placenta precia and he took great care in keeping me informed while I spent 3 weeks in the hospital. He is funny and extremely smart. He is the most approachable doctor I know. I doubt his wife who plays in the second baptist orchestra was cussing at him. Sounds like someone wanted free healthcare and was mad that it wasn't. Go to the free clinic next time.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2009

First of all when I visited this doctor's office, I did not have insurance. The insurance from my job had just ran out. Well when I went to pay, the receptionist informed me that he sometimes did not make patients pay for the ultrasound if he knew they were payng cash. So she went to ask him and he charged me anyway. When I got there they were doing some kind of new program that they use to get your medical history and the nurse had not a clue on how to work the system so it took her about a 1.5 hour to get my medical history....Then Dr. Mahan wanted to talk to me in his office when I got in there, he was asking me all type of personal questions, where I was when I got pregnant, was my baby's father married?..what kid of question is that? What was my child's father's rank in the military...very unprofessional. And like the other person who commented, he was on the phone with his wife, while I could hear her cussing him out on the phone. There is a whole lot more...

flag | Submitted April 15, 2009

Dr. Miles E. Mahan's Credentials

• Texas Tech University Health Science Center School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)