Ratings for Dr. George B. Demetrion

Dr. Demetrion is a total rockstar! He is incredibly knowledgeable, receptive to questions, friendly, and never makes you feel like you are taking up his time. He runs late, but it's because he takes his time with each patient. You never feel like you have to repeat the same thing every time you see him; he remembers his patients and seems to truly care about us. He's been my doctor for nearly 15 years and has held my hand through some scary health issues. His referrals are top notch, and he stays current with new studies and treatments. I can't recommend Dr. Demetrion highly enough!

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

Dr Demetrion has been my physician for about 13 years, and every time people complain about their doctors, I know I just am lucky. He often runs 15-30 minutes late, but that is because he is so incredibly present with each patient. He never seems like he wants to rush when he's with you, or is other than completely caring and interested in hearing all of your concerns and asking enough general questions to get a sense of how you're doing. He's my doc til I die.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2012

Dr. Demetrion is the best doctor I have ever had. I literally trust him with my life. He his very caring, but quite direct. He is up on all the latest treatments and medications. I have been going to him for a long time and would never change.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2012

I've been a patient with Dr. Demetrion for 15+ years. He has helped me with migraine work-up infertility questions, Irritable Bowel, and depression. He has always been up front with me and explained my options. I always felt that I was making an informed decision. He is occasionally running late, but no more than doctors generally are. He is exceptionally knowledgeable about current treatments of a variety of issues. I once went to an out of state ER for bacterial eye infection and was given a topical antibiotic. When following up with Dr. D, he changed me to an oral antibiotic stating that new studies showed that oral was more effective. I checked on that on-line and found he was right. I don't know what the ER was thinking. He is direct and does not beat around the bush, but he is a kind man and will empathize with patients when they need it.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2011

He seems to care about what patients think of him but doesn't take their concerns seriously. He refused to check on a concern I raised. I would go to another doctor if I had a choice. He is not aggressive at all, and allows conditions to worsen (to near-fatal state) without taking action. The only way to get him to take action is to be hospitalized, and then he just goes along with what the hospital doctors said.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2011

Dr Demetrion has been my dr for 5 years and is very profesional, helpful, and knowledgable.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2008

This doctor was quite humiliating. When I saw him for an emergency he told me at one point to stand up and drop my drawers. It was cold and very embarrassing. When the nurse came in he told her she could leave. I felt quite uncomfortable!

flag | Submitted February 5, 2008

Dr. George B. Demetrion's Credentials

• George Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)