Ratings for Dr. William S. Stovall

Dr. Stovall delivered my daughter in place of my normal doctor who was on vacation the week I delivered. He was rude, cold and calloused in the delivery room. My epidural didn't take and he was arguing with me that there was no was I could feel the pain. He was annoyed that I was crying. I begged for an episiotomy ( I could feel my skin ripping). He wouldn't give me one and I tore all the way through my cliterous and perineal wall, feeling everything and only gave me a local anesthetic when he stitched me back up. It gets better- he sewed me up incorrectly and i now have a hole in my labia. He made a nurse in my delivery room cry and completely ruined my entire experience. This awful doctor ruined one of the most important days in my life and scarred me both physically and emotionally. He is not only a terrible doctor, but a terrible human being.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2014

Dr. Stovall was fanstastic with my HIGH RISK pg. He was well informed, had no issues listening to me, and went above and beyond my needs. He deliverd my PREEMIE special even by getting his privleges at deaconess to bring my baby into the world... who would do such a thing?! After 9 losses and so many cold dr's stovall was my hero. I didnt care for his office at that time ( spokane valley obgyn ) but now that that hes moved, perhaps ill give him a go again?! His personality is that of any man... not intune with women in general but he knew his stuff. I wasnt there for coffee and tea, i was there to be cared for and have a baby! every week he was wonderful and never ever frowned on all my conditions.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2008

I have Graves Disease and had to have some "special" tests done. I was able to get the information for him so that these tests could be done so that way I could have a healthy baby. He ran the test and was O.K. with my educating him with my disease. He definitely has an interesting personality, but he knows what he is doing.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2007

I can't believe any ob/gyn could be so insensitive to a woman during pregnancy or any condition. It is obvious Dr. Stovall needs to find another field....possibly a used car dealer would suit his bed side manner. I will never put myself or my family through another encounter with him.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2007

I visited this doctor during my 16th week of pregnancy and he was absolutely disrespectful. I am somewhat of a larger woman, and he made the MOST inappropriate comments on how much weight I'd gained since I became pregnant (approximately 13 lbs.). Instead of giving me tips on keeping my weight gain to the minimum or encouraging me, he ridiculed me, and actually made fun of me, saying, "No baby weighs 13 pounds, that's ALL you." The tone he said it in was absolutely horrible. Plus, he didn't ask me how I was feeling, if there were any new symptoms, just listened to the heart beat, gave me an abdominal exam, and then ridiculed me for about 5 minutes on my weight. As if being pregnant doesn't mess with your head enough, with the way he treated me, I left his office in tears.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2007

I visited this Doctor for treatment of a miscarriage. This was my first pregnancy. He was cold and unfeeling towards the emotional aspects of the problem. On one occasion he preformed an invasive vaginal ultrasound after I had begun crying without even asking me if I was okay to proceed. I didn't feel like the risks and benefits of my available treatment options were provided honestly and with out bias.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2007

Dr. William S. Stovall's Credentials

• Medical College Of Georgia (Grad. 1980)

GHI