Ratings for Dr. Arlen D. Stone

This doctor is awful. Like most of the reviews on here he is rude and uninterested. I will never go back to this clinic. His nurse took my temperature and blood pressure and acted annoyed when I asked her what my blood pressure was. I then waited 40 minutes for him to come in and examine me without even asking what’s going on. His exam is about 1 minute then he leaves to write as many prescriptions as he can think of. He gave me 4 prescriptions and never even told me what he was treating me for. If you want someone that will actually ask what’s going on, do not go here. If you are looking for meds this is probably the doctor you.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2017

Dr. Stone and his staff are top notch. I find that the other reviews of Dr. Stone are false and misleading. Dr. Stone is a no-nonsense doctor. Straight to the point and takes his time to educate you about your health. If you are looking for warm and fuzzy, go somewhere else. If you want to stay healthy and even if you need help with chronic issues, he is the doctor for you. If you want your hand held and tons of medications prescribed go somewhere else. As for me, I would rather have Dr. Stone. He has helped me with chronic Anemeia and helped me get my health back. Best of all he doesn't waste your time. Very punctual and to the point.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Very rude and does not listen. More interested in running over the medical aid unit part of his practice than seeing his patients in his regular office. I don't know who's worse the doctor or his wife who does the billing in this office. Very snooty and lacking in bedside manner as other's have mentioned for sure. Do not go to this doctor.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

Dr Stone is very arrogent. He treats you as if you are low class and doesnt seem to care about your illness. He likes to make his patients feel dumb. He use to have an office in New Castle with one of the meanest check in girls ever, she was finally put in the back, that is the only good thing about his practice. Never going back

flag | Submitted December 30, 2013

I would never reccomend a doctor to anyone who has this mans attitude. He is very quick to make you feel unintelligent. His bad side manner is even worse. He doesn't want to hear anything you have to say, he acts as if he want the insurance money only. He is now practicing at the Abbey Center. Dont see him, find someone (anyone) else.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2013

I can't say he is not knowledgable, but I never have the feeling he listens to me. I feel like I am in a cattle shoot when I go see him. keep them in and out through the revolving door. I have since changed my G.P. My opinion should matter since I am the owner of the body. everyone needs to remember, doctors are people too. they can make mistakes. It is OK to question them!!

flag | Submitted September 4, 2012

Dr Stone refused to order an MRI, which I requested and refused to prescribe pain medication. He told me that I couldn't afford treatment. He refused service after first visit because I was uninsured. (I paid up-front) He ordered bloodwork but omitted PSA. Misdiagnosed problem as being neurological. Dr. Charles Depfer found advanced prostate cancer. I am now being treated at Helen Graham Cancer Center.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2008

Would rather prescribe unnecessary medications than provide help. Has a "know-it-all" attitude.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2004

Dr. Arlen D. Stone's Credentials

• Albany Medical College Of Union University (Grad. 1990)

Top Hospitals in Newark, DE