Ratings for Dr. Gary W. Schlichter

Gary is always on time and never rushes. He is thorough and caring. His staff remember who we are and Gary always remembers details of past appointments. He is specific in his feedback and respectful of our views as parents. There are many doctors closer to our home but we will always travel to see him!

flag | Submitted October 8, 2012

Dr. S. is wonderful to sit down at each well child visit and discuss at length and concerns I have. He also gives me tons of information I need to know in regards to my child's development. His staff is wonderful! He is also a parent and that makes him really easy to talk to. My children love visiting with him. He is very kind to them.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2011

His staff always remembers us, and he can always fit us in. He takes the time to answer all our questions and volunteer useful information. He believes in parent intuition, and never makes me feel dumb just because I have a vague feeling something more is wrong. So far, that feeling has always been right, and he's the only doctor that has ever taken it seriously. He's never been more than 5 minutes late for an appointment, and then only if he has another patient that really needs attention. He tells us why he chooses certain medicines or makes the suggestions that he does, and explains why they work, and why other things don't. I've always been very impressed with him, and would happily continue to have all 4 of my children see him even if he was 200 miles away. He's seen us through RSV, stitches, diaper rashes, severe infections, newborn exams, and every kids ailment out there.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2008

Have been using Dr. Schlichter for over 2 years and am always impressed with him. Have two children and I trust him to give me the best advice, ask thorough questions, and work well with the children. He never makes me feel stupid or paranoid, but answers all questions thoroughly and carefully.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2008

waited nearly 30 hours to evaluate our newborn, who was born after gestational diabetes

flag | Submitted August 17, 2007

Dr. Gary W. Schlichter's Credentials

• Va Commonwealth Univ, Med Coll Of Va Sch Of Med, Richmond Va 23298 (Grad. 1998)