Ratings for Dr. Peter Kursell

He's been my doctor since I was born (20years). In high school I started to have significant health problems causing me to see him quite regularly. he doesn't seem to care at all about me or the outcome of my situation. he has been very rude and abrupt. As soon as I can I will be switching doctors.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2015

he was my dr since i was born. many times over the years i had seen him and he was always very helpful. he was the best dianostic dr around. while in university i had some major problems and saw many specialists to no avail. when i came home for the fair, i saw him and he had me at a 100% that week. I moved away back in 2004 and havent had the same care since. he will be missed..

flag | Submitted January 12, 2012

Dr. Kursell passed away Sunday October 9th at the age of 77. He had just closed his practice on October 1st.Poor fellow, he probably worked himself to death.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2011

We moved away 20 yrs ago. Was fam Dr for 23 yrs. Sad at comments! maybe aging. Like all docs, waited some but when in exam room always took time. Never rushed. Cared. My health problems went thru med dictionary. Apologized once; his error. Sensitive & patient with aging mom-in-law and my wife. Had my life in hands many times. Forwarded records when I moved; no hitch. Never suffered fools. What has happened? Hey, I'm 83 now. What do I know? I'd like him to see this. I never thanked him.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2010

He was my doctor for over 20 years, and I always thought he was great, until my medical condition became a matter of life and death. I compained to him for over 2 years about heart burn, dry heaves resulting in broken blood vessels around my eyes, lose of weight. All he ever did was prescribe pills and maylox. The druggest even thought is strange that he would recomment both. I was in so much distress, that the day before I was to fly to B.C. I seen him and at that time he told me I had a tumour on my blatter and we would look after it when I returned. While on the plane, I had sure severe stomach pains and was taken to the emergery room, in Vancouver immedietly. They discoved that my stomach had entered my chest cavity, all my organs were displaced and the stomach tissue was dying. I spent over 2 months in the hospital in B.C. and when the doctors there tried to contact him for my medical records, he was not helpful to them. Time to retire Doc.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2010

He is my whole family's doc for a very long time. If most docters were a upfront honest and well blunt as this man you would have to wait as long at the office. Very smart, experinced and if he doesn't know something he will tell you and then send you to someone who does intsead of guessing The comment below me i'm sure is about his son dr paul kursell who absoulutly sucks in practice and personality. When and if he retiereds he will be saddly missed

flag | Submitted May 5, 2010

That is exactly right, if he is not your family doctor he is rude and uncaring. I went in with my daughter for results THEY called me in for. He told me I was wasting my time and there were more important people waiting for him. He brought me to tears in front of my daughter. I was so shocked. I have never met anyone like him. His dad on the other hand is great!

flag | Submitted May 5, 2010

The most unsympathetic and self involved doctor ever. Our 88 year old mother was in the haspital for 6 months and when the family (who visited twice a day, every day) would notice a change we would try to narrow down the medicine she was having a reaction to. The worst was morphine and she kept being prescribed that after all four operations. At the end when I suggested that the anti-depressant might be causing her tremors and having the opposite effect and perhaps we could try to take her off it, he told the nurses that the family could make an appointment to talk to him. This was his usual response and would have been the final straw. She died that night. After visiting him every month for the last 8 years how could he miss the fact that she had no circulation in her leg? Especially since she had surgery for the same problem 25 years ago? He could have done a lot more to communicate with the family and he didn't. Some compassion from him would have gone a long way with us.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2009

Time to retire Doc. He seems to forget things. You ask him a question and just get complete silence. You have to ask to have any tests done instead of him suggesting it to you. I'm sure he may have been a good Doc years ago but I don't trust his judgement anymore. When having to go to the hospital ER recently, the Doctors there were quite shocked at his dismissive manner in regards to a serious health issue I encountered.Time to pack it in I'm afraid.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2008

If the patient is a man or child, I've seen this doctor be wonderful--very knowledgeable, helpful, kind, speaking directly and kindly to kids and putting them at ease, etc. If you're a woman, do not go to him. Especially not if you're pregnant. Dr. Kursell dropped a family member of mine as a patient because she told him she did not want him to perform an episiotomy when she gave birth, unless her life or the life of her child was threatened. I watched him throw a literal tantrum, tossing papers and storming out of the room shouting she "Wasn't going to tie my hands and tell me what to do!" He dropped her as a patient without a referral to another MD less than two weeks before she delivered--without an episiotomy. Since then, I've spoken to several other women who's children he delivered. Each was given an episiotomy although not in distress while giving birth.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2008