Ratings for Dr. Richard J. Zangara

He is curt, unprofessional, and argumentative. He is always rushing and therefore doesn't listen to the patient, will talk over you when you are answering a question, and is not comfortable with the patient taking notes to make sure he understands what is being said.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2008

Dr. Z is a bright physician. His duties as Dir. of Lex. Lahey sometimes conflict with his duties as a prim. care phys.. I bring a list of things I want to discuss (average 2/3 items) when I see him, and usually don't get all my concerns addressed. I'm sure it's true with most Dr.s these days but Dr Z never seems to have enough time for the actual patient meeting. There's very little follow-up from his office. When I became obese I was mailed an unreadable, horribly overphotocopied "package" about recommended life-changes, but I might as well have not existed after that. I didn't read the package, I addressed the problem with diet/exercise. He saw me years later and boldly took credit for my weight loss. Dr. Z once saw me 2x in 2 months and said (with my chart in his hand) "I haven't seen you in a long time." I said "Yes you did, just 2 months ago." He replied, "Oh right." Dr. Z prefers to prescribe statin drugs rather than encouraging life-changes to combat mildly high cholesterol.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2006

Excellent at diagnosing. Have been his patient for over 20 years. Compassionate. He's very busy, but I bring a list of my medications plus any questions for him to answer each time I come. He hasn't failed me yet.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2006

Excellent physician. Always puts you at ease.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2005

Dr. Richard J. Zangara's Credentials

• University Of Maryland School Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)

Harvard-Pilgrim