Ratings for Dr. J.P. Gladstone

I have had chronic daily tension headaches since I was 17 years old and I am now a 39 year old mother of two. My headaches lasted throughout both pregnancies and all through my twenties and thirties. I have seen many doctors and three neurologists before Dr. Gladstone. I was told that it was just stress and that I need to learn to relax. Really? When you wake up with a headache, shower with a headache, go to work with a headache, go to bed with a headache life becomes frustrating. You try everything to get some relief - oils, massage, acupuncture, crystals, etc, etc. I tried all different types of medications, botox - nothing worked. I became addicted to the medications. At the time that I began seeing Dr. Gladstone I was taking two tylenol 3's and two Aleve gel caplets 2-3 times daily. Yes - four pills sometimes three times a day. I was getting rebound headaches. Dr. Galdstone said I had to wean myself off of those meds. It wasn't easy. Were there setbacks - of course! But I did it and honestly I'm a completely different person. Am I headache free, no I'm not. But life is NOT what it used to be. Moral of the story - he does know what he's talking about, he is sensitive to what we are going through, he is ready to help. The question is, are we ready to change? Thanks Dr. Gladstone for helping me realize that I was ready :)

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

Lack of ethics, formulates opinions with no testing, and disregards critical symptoms.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

My name is Barton Oake. I am 38 and have had Cluster since my late teens. On April 7th 2014 it became chronic. Of course at first we didn't know it had done so. I had a very good neurologist prior to Dr Gladstone, he had been trying the usual things, Verapamil , melatonin, Lithium etc. Things just weren't changing. In fact they were getting worse. I had requested to become a patient on Dr Gladstone some months before, but new it was unlikely. One day out of the blue the phone rang, it was Alisha (Dr Gladstone amazing secretary), asking if I was still interested in seeing the Dr. By now I was becoming desperate. My Clusters had increased to 3-4 a day, lasting upto 2 hours each time. As soon as I could I got an appointment. By this time I had been having them everyday, upto 5-8 a day all being a 10 for pain. The thing about that is, Clusters like to attack as your body is falling asleep. Meaning you end up not sleeping, as well as fearing sleep. A vicious circle, trust me. Dr Gladstone seemed to be the Only Dr thus far in my life who understood what I was going through. He did not (as most doctors will) start again on the long lists of meds to work through. But instead said well we know what doesn't work, let's try something new. So we started trying combinations of drugs. Unfortunately with no success. Eventually I felt like I wasn't going to make it through this.... when you haven't slept for 3 days and have spent 18 out of 24 hours screaming, banging your head and punching yourself, you start to loose all hope that you can even get to the next day. As soon as Dr Gladstone realized how bad things had become I was admitted to hospital. I was immediately started on DHE, indomethacin, followed by 1g prednisone everyday for three days. They had stopped. He had done it. I slept like I have never done before. But it was short lived. Three days later they return. It seemed, even worse. So he admitted me again. This time DHE and 1g prednisone at the same time, for three days. That was three weeks ago. I am still Cluster free. I cannot express to you all how desperate I felt, how distant from everyone I became. People like Dr Gladstone are working constantly to help people like us. Never forget that. There is help, it took me nearly one year to the day. But stay strong, remember ANYTHING can happen tomorrow.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2015

Dr. Jonathan Gladstone is a kind, compassionate, brilliant neurologist. His attentiveness, precision and professionalism gave me my life back. As an academic struggling with chronic daily migraines following a concussion, I suffered for several years before receiving a referral to him. These persistent migraines negatively affected my professional and personal life. Dr. Gladstone is incredibly organized, thorough and effective. Do what he proposes. You can trust him. He can help you manage your migraines if you let him guide you through the process. There is hope. He gave me a practical toolkit for preventing and managing migraines— using preventative and rescue meds and empowering me to make positive life decisions that assist in preventing and combatting migraines. On follow up appointments, he has tweaked my medication and lifestyle interventions, refining the ideas, adapting them to my particular situation and referring me to other resources that may also help. Dr. Gladstone relies upon a multifaceted approach with interventions that have proven efficacy and is gifted at tailoring them to the patient. My migraines are now far less frequent and are manageable thanks to his intervention. I no longer feel paralyzed by an oncoming migraine and I am free to live my life—to write, teach and enjoy time with family and friends. Dr. Gladstone is also a delightful person—convivial, understanding, focused and easy to talk with—all essential qualities in an effective clinician. He is the best of the best and it is a privilege to be in his care.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

I recently saw Dr. Gladstone for an assessment with regard to a workplace injury and was disappointed at his lack of concern and disregard for the symptoms that I am still experiencing. His opinion which he expressed during the assessment is in contrast to the neurologist who I am seeing and also the opinion of another neurologist who I saw for a second opinion. As I read through the comments below, it became apparent to me that the patients who have seen Dr. Gladstone through his private practice rate him highly and talk about his care which ultimately translates into billable hours. It is also apparent that those patients who have seen him for work-related injuries do not feel that he has given adequate care and this is not surprising since he is the neurologist who performs assessments for the Toronto Rehab Institute on behalf of the WSIB and therefore he does not see the injuries as worthy of his time. It is my opinion that Dr. Gladstone is self-serving and does not look to ensure that the presenting problems of people with workplace injuries are legitimate. Not everybody scams WSIB Dr. Gladstone.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2015

Just looking at the comments below, it appears to me that patients in Dr. Gladstone's private practice have a very different view of him as compared with people who have workplace related injuries and likely see him through the Toronto Rehab Institute likely as a referral through the WSIB. Dr. Gladstone should focus on the patient's health and welfare and have no other agenda.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2015

I had been a headache sufferer for many years, often having to miss days of work or cancel social engagements because of my debilitating headaches. I consulted Dr Gladstone about ten years ago for my headaches. Dr Gladstone is a remarkable human being. He is polite, friendly and totally modest about his brilliance and his commendable achievements in medicine, at such a relatively young age. Dr Gladstone has totally changed my life. I am now on a low dose of a certain medication which I take daily, as a preventative measure. I frequently go for weeks without a headache and when I do occasionally have a headache, one dose of a mild pain killer does the trick. Dr Gladstone works with his patients to gain the best outcome. He is professional and exceptionally knowledgable in his field. I have recently turned 70 and I would say with conviction the he is the best doctor I've ever consulted in my life! He is a credit to his profession.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2015

My experience with Dr Gladstone has been outstanding. He is kind, patient, a good listener and VERY knowledgeable. I am so grateful for having been referred to him because he has completely returned to me my quality of life. I have seen dozens of doctors and neurologists in the past and non have impressed me as much as Dr Gladstone.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014

I was seen by Dr. Gladstone for a traumatic fall at work. Dr. Gladstone did not want to help me. He wrote a report that makes no sense and diminishes all my disabilities including my never-ending headaches. I'm at such a loss that I know get overwhelmed with sadness when dealing with any doctor. I'm afraid I will never recover and I can barely cope with the thought of not being able to do many things I could before the accident.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

I was seen by Dr. Gladstone for a work related, traumatic brain injury. Since the accident at work, i suffer with vertigo, severe headaches, diminished vision, hearing sensitivity, memory loss, problems with stuttering and trembling hands.. I am 44 yrs. old and had none of these problems before the work accident. I have been suffering from these symptoms since the accident happened. The accident was almost a year ago. But suffering persists. I was told by Dr. Gladstone that my symptoms are age related. What nonsense. . I am sure he is very knowledgeable in his practice, but chose easy way out of treating an injured worker. If what i am suffering from is age related, then i am in big trouble, considering this all happened immediately after accident. If it is age related and happened over night, I guess I wont live too long considering how ill i must be too have had all this happen so quickly and not be caused by the brain injury. I was diagnosed with traumatic brain injury from an MRI and CT scan performed in hospital. Then referred to Neurologist.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014