Ratings for Dr. Colby Wang

Dr. Wang was a psychiatrist that i was referred to by Tri-Care for the military. I always had to wait close to 3 hours even when arriving to my appointment on time. He just up and disappeared and i was no longer able to get my medication so I had a horrible time coming off of it during X-Mas of 2014. I am trying to get back into the military and being as he is no longer practicing I can't get my medical records. My re-enlistment hinges on these records and I have no way of contacting him. The number was disconnected and no-one can give me any advise on what to do. I tried calling his office that they say he has in Montana at the Montana State Hospital but no-one ever answers. This has been a nightmare for me and I do not recommend his professional practices. He is a good man himself and it seems like he really wants to help but the hardest part is getting in contact with him.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

Dr Wang is a horrible human being who is a complete A hole who over medicates on a whole different level is incredibly rude and abusive to his patients and doesn't care about what they have to say

flag | Submitted July 2, 2016

flag | Submitted May 31, 2012

Stay away!! Dr. Wang is very unprofessional. I read of the reviews before I saw him as a Dr., but am the type to form an opinion on my own instead of taking somebody elses word for it. Every time I had an appointment I had to wait at least an hour min. Upon every appointment I had to tell my whole life story again because obviouslly it was never documented. He never remembered what medecines or milligrams he had me on he would ask me each and every time. I was homicidal and suicidal due to a medecine he prescribed me and he basically called me a liar by telling me he did not believe me & in 20 years of practice he has never had any patient kill themselves or any body else. He told me I was a bad patient because I discontinued that paticular medecine before consenting him. His staff is very rude when I called in concern to that medecine. Told me I made it this long I can make it to my next appointment. She said that she was not a doctor (continued in next entry)

flag | Submitted May 22, 2012

flag | Submitted March 30, 2012

Dr. Wang is knowledgeable, but extremely unprofessional. He is consistently late with his appointments, several times called in the wrong prescription for my grandmother with Alzheimer's, and once over Christmas when she missed an appointment due to illness, he would not fill her medications until she came back in, the problem was his office closed for 2 weeks over Christmas, and she ran out of her medications. I informed his staff of this, and they said that was her problem for missing her scheduled appointment. We have found a new psychiatrist, and I sent him an email thanking him for his help, and received this response: "You are ungrateful for all the incredible progress. Go ahead do what you want young foolish girl. The care here is incomparable. (Grandmother) knows that. You are not that wise." I feel this response from Dr. Wang sums up his professionalism. I am extremely disappointed that a (supposed) medical professional would act this way, and do not recommend him at all.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2012

Staff is a complete joke. Very rude and unkind. Treats everyone like they are dirt. They frequently mess up appointments and lose things. Very unhelpful and when they attempt at helping they treat you awful! Wait times are usually between 1-3 hrs. I always feel uncomfortable there because they truly do not care about you at all. You are just another number to them. Dr. Wang himself, nice man and good personality...when you can get him to focus on you or writing your meds if needed. Now that my network has opened up this year I will be going elsewhere mainly due to staff. Wish I could give a -10 for staff!

flag | Submitted January 17, 2012

Our son has been going to Dr. Wang for several years now. He had previously gone to two other psychiatrists and neither one had been successful in treating him. They both were compassionate doctors, but lacked the ability to find the right combination of medications. Through his guidance, Dr. Wang has made our son's life worth living. Dr. Wang sometimes has trouble keeping on schedule, but I feel he is worth waiting for! I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2011

I have never given a review before but strongly feel that I need to now. I met with Dr Wang for the first time as a New Patient just recently and I have to say...I think this was the worst Dr/Patient experience! When he came out to bring me back to his office, he just looked at me and said "Come back with me." Being a new patient, you would think that he would at least introduce himself to me, but that did not happen. Some of the statements that he made in regards to answering his questions I felt to be a little on the offensive and derogatory side. I tried to express my concerns about certain meds that my family doctor prescribed and he pretty much blew me off and made me feel that I didn't have a right to be asking about it. Overall, I feel that he is very unprofessional and I think I left his office feeling worse than before I arrived. I will be looking for another doctor and I definitely will not be referring him to anybody that I care about!

flag | Submitted November 11, 2011

Very good doc! Love everything about him! he seems very knowledgeable about everything he talks about and elays to the patient!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2011

Dr. Colby Wang's Credentials

• Wv Univ Sch Of Med, Morgantown Wv 26506 (Grad. 1988)