Ratings for Dr. Joseph A. Hindo

Rude. Obnoxious. Stay away if you can. Hmo makes it tough.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

Dr. Joseph Hindo Is a good doctor..I have used him for 10 years now. There are times I have been rushed and you have to say aloud hay wait I am in pain here I need help,and it is then he seems more patient. Dont expect to git an appointment in a few days because they are usually backed up 2weeks . But you usually need a referral anyway and once you have had him a while they know all your problems and you git the referral over the phone. no problems. If you are sick like I was for two weeks I finally called and they said his next appointment is in 2 weeks and I told them I have been sick that long and gave them my symptoms and they sent a script over to Wall greens and I went and picked them up picked it up So with that said I have seen many different doctors and they all take 2 to 3 weeks to git in and you wait in the office and can see they are all overbooked Its HMOs fault Im just glad these Doctors are staying in this pathetically over taxed state off Illinois.Be(a)Patientor ER $250

flag | Submitted April 1, 2011

It's hard to get an appointment here. They won't answer your calls. I left a message to schedule an appointment when my husband was suffering with high fever. They didn't even bother to return the call. I was really irritated that time. I just hate such a irresponsible doctors nd their concerned staff.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2011

Waited on hold for 20 minutes to schedule appointment before hanging up. Office is too busy for their own good and are not able to manage the case loads. I'm finding a new doctor.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2010

The doctor was very rude and unhelpful.He said stop being a baby!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2010

Very friendly and knowledeable. No nonsense Dr. Gets to the point. Makes referrals for specialty treatment. Highly recommend this Doctor.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2009

Office staff are idiots. Have had a billing problem with them for over 1 year because they can't code things correctly. Dr. too busy to know patients, did not give treatment when needed and complained that he had to come in on his day off! Has his patients ONLY get lab work done thru his office - where you have to make ANOTHER appoiintment. Would not send my sick cat to him!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2009

did not receive a diagnosis after x-ray, the doctor mumbled "air" the radiologist will have to look at it. I asked when will I know something on this and the dr said we'll call you. Its been 8 days.I think I have either a collapsed lung or pneumonia. I really don't know.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2008

Hugely busy office, staffers willing to answer questions from pts. Dr. Hindo is a no-nonsense type of physician, just state your case, a short discussion ensues, and that's it. If you need quick appt, it's unlikely here. But Silver Cross Managed Care Group (Hindo is part of) accepts HMO pts, such as myself. I like this manner, but my husband had to warm up to it...he really is good. He referred me to a dermatologist for suspicious mole/freckles (I'm the type that burns and is very fair) even though I'm in my 30's with no chronic diseases. Plus, let me say that he referred my husband (after initial treatment for shoulder strain) due to decreased range of motion and pain for MRI...BEFORE the HMO referral was done. Turns out, rotator cuff repair surgery was needed. My husband is grateful to Dr. Hindo just for that alone. HMO pts welcome. Staff nurses kind, helpful. Does return calls (nurses do it) next day. Good internist. Quick to refer, and up to date on treatment modalities.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2007

Dr. Joseph A. Hindo's Credentials

• Univ Of Cairo, Fac Of Med, Cairo, Egypt (330-02 Prior 1/71) (Grad. 1981)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Joliet, IL