Ratings for Dr. Howard R. Sawyer

I have HMO. I visited my nearest hospital's ER with a really bad case of the stomach flu. Once in there, they decide to call my PCP (Dr. Sawyer). He tells them if he is well enough to get himself to the ER he is well enough to get to my office. ER told me that they can provide me with any servises onces the PCP denies my request. My mom helps me back to the car and takes me to his office. I get rolled in on a wheel chair to the examination room. He comes over all smiles asking me how I am doing. How the hell do you think I am doing? Right when I was about to answer him.... I start to pass out. The last thing I hear is him yelling to his nurse... S**T.... Call 911... Call 911. Ended up back at the same ER.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2012

Worst Dr. Ever. Went there with a small blister on my thigh. He guessed that it was a sexually transmitted desease even though I told him that I am not sexually active. He did not listen and gave me a cream to put on there. Since it was not what he thought it was the blister got worst because it was the wrong medication. Ended up with 2nd degree burns because of his stupidity. Luckily another dr in his office was able to diagnose me the right way and fix Dr Sawyers DUMB move. Will never go back there again even if he was the last Dr on earth. Sorry excuse for Dr.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2012

Dr Sawyer has been fantastic. I feel comfortable and well taken care of.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2011

I have been with Dr. Sawyer for 15 years or more. He has always, always listened to me. He has also consistently referred me to any specialist I needed. He strongly encouraged me to attend an asthma management class once that helped me so much and helped the other people I shared the information with. He reminds me of a country-doctor with a big city education! I always walk away having learning something. Dr. Sawyer has helped me to take better care of myself and I genuinely appreciate him.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2011

Dr. Sawyer has been my primary physician for 7 years. He has always been compassionate, knowledgeable and willing to communicate helpful health information. His treatment has helped me on numerous occasions.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2011

Dr Sawyer has been my Primary Care Physician for 13 years. Over that period of time he has gained my trust and confidence by providing me with clear and concise information supported by the latest research, information and findings in the medical field. In addition, I have found Dr. Sawyer to be kind and compassionate, as well as sensitive to my particular health concerns. His advice and counsel has been on target before, during and after treatments and his reassuring presence has been genuine. I highly recommend Dr. Sawyer and regularly give his name to friends and colleagues.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2011

I've been seeing Dr. Sawyer for almost 20 years. He has always helped me with any health problem I have had. He's very pleasant and knowledgable, and has kept me healthy with his many suggestions. I don't understand why he doesn't have a higher rating. He is a very good doctor. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2011

He acts like he is your friend but really just wants to get you out of his office. Refuses to give referrals to specialists. I am having ear problems and he will not refer me to an ENT or allergist. I went to the hospital with a splitting head ache and we I followed up with Sawyer all he said was it's good to see you are feeling better, which I wasn't. Do not use this guy especially if you have important health issues. I am leaving him for someone who will care and listen.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2011

Rude. Walked out when I tried to discuss my problem. Comment was I do not have time to discuss more than I thing. Was annoyed that his staff had only booked 15 minutes when my visit clearly needed longer. Did a good job on diagnosis of a minor neck problem but did not provide any treatment except recommend Tylenol, though that was not the reason that I visited him. I am going to change doctors.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2008

this doc pretty much sux. never wants to refer to specialists. also he didnt want to give me blood work since i had it done within 3 years. i feel as if that is something that should be done at least once a year. he seems really nice but very unhelpful with certain requests you may have. if you dont have some sort of acute problem he pretty much will brush u off. go to a different crappy hmo doc

flag | Submitted September 12, 2008

Dr. Howard R. Sawyer's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Stony Brook, School Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)

Oxford