Ratings for Dr. Jerome E. Thurman

Dr. Thurman has helped me a lot, he is very understanding and I trust him.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

I think dr t is awesome. His personality is refreshing compared to so many dull boring doctors. His CDE is amazing, I've texted her many times when I needed help. And the nurse that always takes me into a room and does my a1c is so sweet. I'm surprised there's so many negative comments. My only negative comment is the wait time, it's usually longer than I want to wait. I will continue to see him though!

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

Friendly, knowledgeable, prompt, listens, attentive, helpful, cares, empathetic

flag | Submitted November 16, 2015

Last time I saw him I felt unimportant and that he is cocky. I am working on getting a new Dr that listens to me and knows what I am there for instead of asking me. He is the Dr if he doesn't know why he is treating me then I don't want to see him.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2015

Worst physician I have ever been to. Arrogant, rude, condescending, sarcastic & a complete idiot. Does not listen to his patients. He does not like to be questioned becomes very hateful. I think he thinks people are challenging him when they are only asking for more information. Does not care at all. Hateful to the nurses. They don't have any respect for him. He almost killed a close family member by overdosing them on insulin because he didn't listen. Do not go to him if you value your life.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2014

Dr. Thurman treats me like I'm a complete idiot, for example I had a question regarding my diabetic diet...you would have thought I was a mindless moron with no knowledge of diabetes, but because I know many things have changed as far as the way diabetic meals are done since I first was diagnosed 18 years ago, I had some questions. His reply to me was "and how long have you been diabetic?" That's it! Just told me if I had questions about my diet I should go see a dietician. The latest is I was in the hospital this weekend with a heart attack. When my husband went to have my prescription filled for new insulin, the pharmacist nearly refused to fill it because it was more than double the dose of the recommended dosage. He said he would only fill it if I promised NOT to take it as prescribed, but take only half of the dose. I think the man has gone off the deep end & heading for a malpractice suit!

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014

Always late! Even if I'm the first patient of the day, he'll be a half an hour late. I have been seeing him for years and he has NEVER been on time. Does not really listen to you. On the plus side, he is very congenial. I am in the process of finding a replacement.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2014

The doctor in my opinion, did not address the problems the visit was for. Follow up contact with the office was horrible.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2013

I don't know how anyone could think that Dr. Thurman is arrogant. He is the MOST unarrogant Dr. I have every met. His staff was very nice and so was the nurse that I saw. I have been going to him for around 6 years and have no problem with him at all. I did have to wait a while, but that is because he takes the time to listen to all of his patients and spend time with them.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2013

The staff was ok. Didn't have any problems. Only waited 10 mins. Dr. T was personable and boisterous. I can see some people have a hard time with his personality. I enjoyed his easy report.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2013

Dr. Jerome E. Thurman's Credentials

• University Of Missouri, Columbia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)