Ratings for Dr. Stanley H. Stein

Made appointment and filled out all the patient online forms and faxed in per request. Received phone call cancelling my appointment. Dr. told office staff to tell me he could not help me. I guess he wasn't man enough to call and explain why he refused to see me or suggest someone else.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2017

I had returned from a business tour of Los Angles and was feeling uneasy and had mild fever for couple days. I visited Dr. Stanley Stein on 13th October 2015 for general check-up as I was filing symptoms of upset stomach. Dr. Stanley checked my lungs (as it his standard practice) and immediately told me get admitted in emergency care. He informed his assistant Shreya Dalal to take me to the ER Unit and also contacted the ER to take care of me on priority. After getting admitted in ER I was immediately put on Oxygen and CT scan and X-rays of lungs were taken. It was found that my left lung was severely affected by Pneumonia. Dr. Stein’s assistant stayed with me till I was admitted to ER. I was admitted to the hospital and was kept in ICU for three days and then transferred to general ward. Later I came to know that pneumonia had spread very fast and I was fortunate to get admitted in the hospital just in time. I am highly indebted to Dr. Stanley Stein and his assistant for his timely action and help. Dr. Stein is an excellent physician, and I unreservedly recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2015

I am treated by Dr. Stein for a chronic illness, and have the utmost confidence in him. In my experience, he has given me exceptional care. He has a dry sense of humor that I enjoy, and he is a kind-hearted man under that tough exterior. He is criticized in other comments as being arrogant, when the fact is he doesn't suffer fools gladly. Dr. Stein is an excellent physician, and I unreservedly recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

flag | Submitted July 3, 2014

When Dr. Stein delivered the colonoscopy result to my husband, he bluntly said there was a tumor and he was certain it was cancer. He said it was a treatable disease if caught early enough and that he would arrange for further test to see if it had spread. Then he just disappeared. If it ended here one might draw the conclusion that he was abrupt and insensitive. That night I went to the ER from an allergic reaction to the tumor marker dye. Dr. Stein was up from 1 am to 3 am consulting with the ER doctor. He also personally called my OB, the referring doctor, to discuss the case. Dr. Stein was very worried that I had to get the tumor out ASAP. When I couldn't get a hold of the surgeon's receptionist, Dr. Stein himself called the surgeon office to arrange the first available surgery slot. He also called me to reassure me that I would be taken care of by one of the best surgeons in Houston. I said, the best GI, too? He just laughed.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2014

Another Doctor had treated my emergency bleeding ulcer because I was out of town. When I had a follow-up with Dr. Stein he found an additional condition needing immediate action. A condition the other doctor had missed entirely. He answered my page during the emergency within minutes and told me just what to do. He has managed my condition with appropriate care and I believe I owe my life to him. I have the strongest positive recommendation for him.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2013

If he was the only gastroenterologist on earth, and I was dying, I might consider going to him. He is arrogant and doesn't seem to really care about how you feel. He told me I was being a baby because the medicine he put me on was making me very sick, so sick, i could hardly get out of bed in the morning or function during the day. I know it was not the right med as when i changed drs my new dr immediately took me off that and put me on another. I felt much better after a coupel of weeks. She said that I absolutely did not need MP6, it had too many side effects. I also felt terrible for 2-3 days after the scope, much worse than my initial symptons. There is no reason a patient should not ask a dr questions about a condition after researching on the internet and my other drs are patient and explain what I ask. This dr just dismisses you or tells you you shouldn't be reading on the internet. I'm sorry, but when you have a new condition, you need all the information you can get.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2013

When I first saw Dr. Stein, he recommended that I have a colonoscopy. The experience left a lot to be desired. First, he showed up late and did not address anybody in the room. Second he sat down behind me and laid the colonoscope on the table in plain view next to me. I found this bothersome because I did not want to see this prior to the procedure. It made me very uncomfortable. After the procedure, he completely disappeared. Finally, when I spoke to him three days later, he was completely dismissive and didn't answer any questions. Afterwards, I asked him questions and he chastized me about searching things on the Internet. The next time I saw him, I could hear him yelling in the other room about my medical information. When he recommended that I have another battery of tests, I started asking questions and he asked me to leave. I would find another doctor before considering him.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2012

My mother was recently in the hospital and a doctor had ordered a procedure without even seeing her. We called Dr. Stein and he came within a couple hours did a complete examination and was very thorough. He took the time to do the procedure on a Sunday morning (the very next day). I can't thank him enough for being there when my mom needed an experienced doctor who takes the time to service his patients.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2011

The day before surgery (laparoscopic nissen fundoplication for acid reflux), which he recommended, he lectured me about paying attention to things I had read on the internet about the surgery. He yelled at me. I had the surgery. The side effects of the surgery are much worse than the symptoms I had before. I would have been much better off had I paid attention to what I read on the internet.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2010

Dr. Stanley H. Stein's Credentials

• University Of Arkansas College Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)

Commercial Insurance Company