Ratings for Dr. John W. Mortell

My third visit is coming up with Dr. Mortell and I have been very impressed with the cleanliness of the facility and efficiency of his friendly staff. I will however, request the Cavatron for more intense cleanings on future visits.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Mortell's since the mid-80's. I've recommended family, co-workers and friends and I have never heard one bad comment about Dr. Mortell or his staff. My children have been treated by him since they were three. Best of all -- air abrasion. No needles, drills or scary procedures. We see him every six months religiously so no one is afraid to go to the dentist. Even every dental-phobic person I have recommended there, goes back. Thank you, Dr. Mortell, Ellen, Joanna, Gina, Patti -- all of them. :)

flag | Submitted July 29, 2013

I had an emergency with a lost crown. I was amazed at how wonderful the staff was in first getting me a quick appointment and secondly how quickly and well Dr. Mortell made me a new crown. I was totally amazed at his new equipment, which he graciously described and explained while he was creating the new crown. From start to finish in just a little over 1/2 hour, unbelievable!! Not only that but it fits like a glove and feels like it has always been there! Great job.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2012

My families issues are with multiple undiagnosed dental conditions...ie.....badly needed root canals, multiple cavities, etc.........Don't understand why. We have insurance and were complaining of holes in teeth, pain, still told not a cavity. Went for second opinion at another dental practice and without even mentioning that we were their for a second opinion, just a annual checkup and cleaning, the many complaints we had previously mentioned were FINALLY acknowledged. Happy to say, we now have a knowledgeable dentist that is doing some badly needed dental work and the entire family is finally not experiencing tooth pain any longer. Really had no issues with the office staff other than the near year out scheduling issue.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2011

My issue is mainly with the admin staff, who have been unprofessional, unpleasant, and uncaring in my opinion. Dont bother calling, I called today to make an appointment for a cleaning....no Saturday appointments nor week nights unless I wanted to wait for a year! They are booked for a year, noone ever calls to cancel and they are just RUDE!!!! Just called my dental insurance and filed a complaint and switched dr.'s. Lets not forget Joanne's lack of customer service! RUDE!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2011

Dr. Mortell has his staff do most of the work. The dental assistants are nice, but the front desk ladies have an attitude! Also, they do not work with children, so if you have insurance, you have to take the kids somewhere else. Go somewhere else!

flag | Submitted September 8, 2011

I have seen Dr. Mortell a few times. He and his staff have always been curteous and helpful.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2011

I have been going here since I was a little girl. Dr. Mortell and his staff are very friendly and helpful. I get my teeth clean every 6 months, I had veneer work done here as well as purchased a teeth whitening kit through them. Never any problems.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2011

Had an appointment with this doctor years ago, rude staff and rude doctor. Hurried through my cleaning, hurt bad. Finished so quick... best part was my dad was waiting in the car and while the rude assistant was scolding me for not flossing my dad says he say Dr. Mortel throwing his golf clubs into the back of his porsche, true story. I am not surprised by the bad other reviews. RUN from this guy or your teeth will pay so he can make his tee time!

flag | Submitted January 11, 2011

I've never been treated so nasty by anyone as I did on my last appointment with this dentist. So RUDE!!!!! Slammed tools on his tray bc he got upset that I felt lots of pain!

flag | Submitted July 30, 2010