Dr. Christopher S. Jackman

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Christopher S. Jackman

Dr. Jackman performed my eye surgery and I am beyond glad that he did! Not only did he correct my prescription, he also managed to help with a reoccurring eye issue that was quite unpleasant at times. His bedside manner is exceptional, and far better than any doctor I've dealt with in the past. He's courteous and explains every detail so that I was able to understand what was happening. You can tell that staff are well trained and very knowledgeable. I would highly recommend Dr. Jackman to anyone dealing with any eye issue. I am certain that you would not regret it!

flag | Submitted October 27, 2017

I’ve been seeing Dr. Jackman for several years. I always find him to be so caring and patient. I had cataract surgery and he talked to me while he was doing the surgery, explaining each step that he was doing. I always recommend him to anyone I know that needs an ophthalmologist. In my opinion he’s the best

flag | Submitted January 7, 2020

I had my surgery with Dr. Jackman three weeks ago and it was the best choice I’ve ever made. Dr. Jackman greeted me before the procedure for a consult to answer any of my last minute questions and calm my nerves. During the surgery, he spoke to me the whole time and talked me through all the steps. I’m beyond impressed with the results and how easy the overall appointment was. I would recommend Dr. Jackman to anyone considering surgery.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2019

Amazing doctor. He made me feel so safe and comfortable. Worth the wait. Highly recommended!!

flag | Submitted November 16, 2019

Dr Jackman and his staff are very knowledgeable about their work. He is also very friendly and easy to approach with questions you may have. he gives me a sense that I am receiving a thorough check.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2019

I was into a 4 month checkup, and 1 year checkup after that took 2 years. Reception staff are surly. Every time I've had a appointment I've had a 2 hour wait and saw Dr. Jackman for approximately 1 minute. There were 22 people ahead of me. It's assembly line medicine at it's worst, with provincially funded patients at the back of the bus and paying customers wanting Lasik at the front.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2019

Fantastic Service. Great staff. Wait time reasonable considering the people there..

flag | Submitted May 14, 2019

The only issue I have with Dr. Jackman is the long wait times.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2019

I found DR. Jackman to be top notch, he performed my cateract surgery and is following up with an extreme dry eye issue, his staff are great ,very informed I would recommend Dr. Jackman every time

flag | Submitted February 18, 2019

Dr. Jackman's dedication and expertise with my now known issues with severe blepharitis among other ongoing vision ailments has been nothing short of miraculous. A true gentleman and a Dr who cares for his patients on an end to end basis. I will recommend Dr. Jackman to any friend or colleague requiring a higher level eye care or management.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2019

Dr. Christopher S. Jackman's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

DR. CHRISTOPHER JACKMAN OPHTHALMOLOGIST AND EYE SURGEON -- M.D., F.R.C.S.(C) EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND Dr. Christopher Jackman completed his honours in biochemistry and medical degree at Memorial University of Newfoundland, graduating from biochemistry with the highest academic standing, and from medicine amongst the top of his class and on the dean’s list. He then completed his specialization in ophthalmology with the Ivey Eye Institute at the University of Western Ontario, where he served as chief resident. He returned to the Ivey Eye Institute after a couple of years of practice to complete his fellowship in Medical Retina and is now a member of both the Canadian and American Retina Societies. SURGICAL EXPERIENCE Dr. Jackman is a well respected eye surgeon who has performed over 40,000 ocular procedures. During his residency training, he had the privilege of training with some of the top cataract and refractive surgeons in the country. He currently has a thriving ophthalmic practice treating retinal diseases as well as performing cataract and refractive surgery. He is firmly dedicated to using the latest, most advanced technologies and techniques. ACCOMPLISHMENTS AND AWARDS Dr. Jackman has given presentations at several major national and international ophthalmology conferences, including the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology, and the Canadian Ophthalmology Society. He has received various awards for his presentations and has had his research published in various scientific and medical journals. During his residency training, Dr. Jackman received numerous awards for leadership, and excellence in the teaching and training of medical students. He is currently clinical assistant professor of surgery in the faculty of medicine at Memorial University in Newfoundland. He is board certified with the American Board of Ophthalmology, as well as the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada. ASSOCIATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS Dr. Jackman is an active member of the following organizations: Royal College of Surgeons of Canada American Board of Ophthalmology Medical College of Canada Canadian Ophthalmology Society American Academy of Ophthalmology American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery Canadian Medical Association American Society of Retinal Surgeons Canadian Retina Society

• English

• Memorial University of Newfoundland (Grad. 2001)
  • University of Western Ontario (Grad. 2006)

• Cataract surgery
  • LASIK eye surgery
  • Diabetic retinopathy
  • Dry macular degeneration
  • Dry eyes
  • Wet macular degeneration

• Newfoundland Entrepreneur of the Year 2018

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.