Ratings for Dr. Kian Kaviani

Stay away is the only advice! Terrible experience, plus he has only 3-5 min for each patient. He kicks his patients out right away. Good thing you don't have to wait long, since everyone only has 3 minutes! Scam artist. He prescribes the wrong meds, sends it to wrong pharmacies, cause he is under stress to get to see as many patients as he can. Is it even legal?

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

Should have listened to the stay away reviews. Dr. Kaviani misdiagnoses symptoms. If your doc cannot answer your questions run!

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

Dr Kaviani has been our family practician for many years and he is the best. We can always rely on him because he is always at reach, he listens & takes his time with his patients.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

Dr. Kaviani is my primary doctor for several years. He is good doctor and good primary care adviser. But it is also true that he is not get back to patients and answer their questions. Sometimes I think he expects to see me once a year for annual exam only! But I believe he is my primary care doctor and he should be reachable.. Despite all above, I recommend him. He is good person and knowledgeable doctor.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2014

Highly recomended! Knowledgeable and professional.dedicated to his patients.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2014

Dr Kaviani is a nice person but I'm not really sure he knows what he is talking about sometimes. If you have something general like flu or annual exam, go to him. If you have any specific questions, go to someone else. He misdiagnosed one thing my husband had, didn't send him to do x-ray and said everything will heal on it's own, while the other professional took a look and said right away the surgery is needed. And something he said to my mother in law that cannot be treated, actually was treated with another doctor successfully. But he is good and fast with pills refills, and referrals.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2013

I personally worked with Dr. Kaviani on Carlin Springs Road and thought he was very professional and had a lot of knowledge. Also, he was fun to work for and that doesn't happen often! Made going to work nice.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2012

Dr. Kian Kaviani, MD (Bethesda, MD) fails to maintain a professional level of discourse when questioned. He ignored my calls for almost 4 weeks. When I did speak with him he failed to stay on topic and verbally abused me for over ten minutes. I was very surprised and disappointed by his confrontational and condescending attitude. I have never been so disheartened and am now afraid of Dr. Kaviani. In response to a billing question, he violated the privacy of other patients by sending me his appointment schedule complete with full names, medical complaints, and phone numbers. I really wanted to like Dr. Kaviani since I had classes with him at UMD Medical School when I was a graduate student. He did not remember me though and I thought he was someone else when I made my initial appointment. Dr. Kaviani was one of the older non-traditional students. In this region there are many well educated, professional primary care physicians: Sadly, Dr. Kian Kaviani, MD is not one of them.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2012

Stay away! Dr. Kaviani is a friendly person. Unfortunately, he sucks as a diagnostician and fails to follow-up. The office staff is rude and I too was double billed. Finally left, should have gone sooner. Had misplaced loyalty due to friendly interactions with doc. But I need a smart doc who can provide appropriate care, not just act friendly.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2012

We are using Kaviani services only because we cannot find another doctor yet. He is a very nice person, but couple of times he did not have the correct diagnosis, and I feel like it is better to find someone else. Maybe he knows a lot in general (flu, vitamins etc), but if you need specifics - go to specialist or go to another doctor. My husband went to him with very specific problem, he said everything is ok, but turned out it was not, and he had to go to specialist. Why Kaviani didn't send him to specialist is a big question. Only one good thing - it is quite easy to book an appointment the same day if you have something urgent.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2012

Dr. Kian Kaviani's Credentials

• University Of Maryland School Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)

Altius Health Plans