Ratings for Dr. Kathlyn Kim

Dr. Kim is a superb doctor, very smart, knowledgeable, empathetic and caring. Her staff is delightful and the office is immaculate. I highly recommend this practice and feel that I am getting top notch medical care.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

I hate this doctor. I've seen her many times and then I finally had enough. My car spends more time in the car wash than she spends with me in the exam room. And she's rough- not a gentle internal exam at all. Be prepared-IT HURTS! She does an inadequate exam, rushes through it, then starts to leave the room. I had to call her back and meekly said to her "I have a few questions, please." She seemed annoyed that I was taking up her precious time. This was my annual exam. This is the time to discuss questions and concerns with your doctor. I'm the one that should be annoyed with her! She also says nasty things. I'm not a thin woman. Some years back when she delivered my baby by C-section, while she was stitching me back up I asked her how big the scar would be. She quipped back "Why? You're not planning on wearing a bikini this summer, are you?" embarrassing me beyond belief in front of the male doctor assisting her and all the nurses in the room. Awful doctor. Terrible bedside manner. Makes you feel extremely inferior. Do yourself a big favor and find another doctor. I still have bad memories of her awful treatment.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

Comes across arrongant and superficial, rushed through exam, yet was significantly late for appointment. Became very rude and condescending when I mentioned the significant wait

flag | Submitted December 1, 2013

I've been to Dr. Kim a few times. The first two visits were fine. The third visit was routine and totally inadequate. It was basically just a pap test. The pelvic palpitation was incomplete and the breast exam took her about two whole seconds for both sides. I was completely puzzled by the time I left and seriously peeved at the lack of care. She saw 4 patients in twenty minutes. She is pleasant, but I can't help to think her demeanor is completely artifical. The concerens I had were ignored, just dismissed as "everyone's different"....what? I don't think I will go back. Be prepared to sign paperwork releasing her from any liability. This is a limited liability corp; which prompted me to research her only to find she had a large sanction against her. e.i. lawsuit a few years ago. May be why she is on her own.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2013

Dr. Kim is the most amazing, caring and understanding doctors I have ever been to! She delivered my daughter almost 18 years ago and she has treated me since. She listens, calls right back and is amazing with my daughter. She understands our concerns and is respectful of our feelings. Whenever we leave, if Dr. Kim thinks we still have concerns, she encourages us to call at any time and we always get a return call. Dr. Kim is an excellent doctor and a wonderful person! I am happy she is in her own practice, as I do agree the old office staff was not so great. Her new staff is excellent.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2013

She actually listens to me and takes time with me. She's worth waiting for.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2011

I am 47 years old and had four children delivered by four different doctors (one of whom was Dr Kim) so I have seen many gynecologists over the years. Dr Kim is by far my favorite one, which is why I've kept her as my dr. She has a great bedside manner, treats me with respect and seems to remember who I am even though I only go once a year. She takes the time to answer all my questions without making me feel rushed. She's the first doctor I have ever had do a pap test that I haven't tensed up beforehand, expecting discomfort. She is very gentle. I had a medical problem that she was able to help me with when no other doctor (gyn or other) was able to. It's a shame she no longer delivers babies- she was good at it and my daughter wanted her to deliver hers when she was ready to have a baby- but I am so glad she is on her own with a much friendlier and competent office staff. The wait at the other practice was excruciatingly long, but no more!

flag | Submitted September 3, 2010

This was many years ago, but the worst experience I'd ever had with an ob and I have never gotten over it. I asked Dr. Kim to be gentle because I was a virgin and she scoffed and asked if my boyfriend had ever even put his fingers up there. She then asked how my previous ob had ever managed to do an exam and told me that sex was going to hurt me a lot. When she was checking my breasts- I told her I'd had one lump biopsied previously- she couldn't find it even though it was still there. Then she just said that I was a "lumpy person." I needed a birth control prescription because I was getting married in a couple of months and she just handed me a bunch of samples with no direction whatsoever on how to start taking them, etc.. I was a young girl left standing in tears. She was the rudest ob and possibly dr. I'd ever come across.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2010

I found Dr. Kim to be understanding knowledgeable and very professional. The office staff on the other hand was pathetic. I waited in one of the rooms in my robe for nearly 2 hours. The nurse thought I was a new patient. I had been their patient for 2 years. She was rude to the point I almost left without seeing the doctor ( Dr. Faust) at this visit.When I went back again for my pap test a few months later the staff was all new. I don't blame Dr. Kim it's the horrific group of people they have working in the outer office. You can't even reach them by phone for an appointment.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2010

I was happy to see that Dr.Kim was no longer delivering babies, I had hoped this would free her up, shorten wait times and allow her to focus on important details. Although wait time improved her focus did not. I was given the wrong dosage and not enough medication to make it until our next appt. Because she failed to fully educate me in the nature of my ailment, I assume she is not well informed on the subject. I also felt she did not run necessary tests. Such a shame, I like her bedside manner and she really seems to remember her patients.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2010

Dr. Kathlyn Kim's Credentials

• Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of City University Of New York (Grad. 1990)