Ratings for Dr. Joohyun A. Kim

Dr Kim is the best. Informative, professional, thoughtful, skillful and funny too ! Very friendly and courteous staff. Ask him questions he will explain and describe until you understand it. I was there in and out - happy and pretty painless. I am happy I found him.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2016

Dr Kim was delightful. He was straight to the point. He knew exactly where my pain was coming from and how to take care of it. And me !! He didn't waste his time or my time. Just to the point but thoughtful and very kind. I'd recommend Dr.Kim for new dentist. 2 thums up.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2015

I was in extreme pain when I went to see Dr Joohyun Kim at Aspen Dental Assoc. in his Stratford/Norwalk office-After examining my xrays, he wanted to remove all of my top 16 teeth. No explaination was given and no other options was discussed with me. He did not explain any procedures. I was upset and did not want all my teeth removed on the first visit. He would not give me any pain medication. I was intimidated to decide to go along with the procedure or nothing else would be done for me. My problem with Dr. Joohyun Kim is that he offered my no relief and had me leave the office in pain. He did not give my any option to try to save my teeth. He could take full advantage of an uneducated person and pull out their teeth on their first visit. And Aspen Dental Assoc. would have been $5,000 richer. They are just interested in the money. The office manager (Kimberly Wells) saw I was also in pain and made no attempt to help me or see to it that I had pain medication or an antibiotic.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2011

Dr.Kim was very professional and informative. He knew immediately where my pain was coming from and got me out of my misery right away. He explained every question I had until everythign was clear to me. He was not beating around bushes and straight to the point. He was funny and compassionate. I could tell he wanted to help his patients with his knowledge and skills. He was 20 min late, but i didn't mind that at all. He must take his time with every patient, just like he took his time with me !

flag | Submitted October 25, 2009

Aspen Dental is a scam. I had to wait over an hour to even see the dentist. When I sat down in the dentist chair, Dr. Kim Joohyun went on a rant about the dangers of gingivitis before I even opened my mouth. Aparently, he was building up the diagnosis he wanted to bill me for. When he diagnosed me with gingitivis after looking in my mouth for 5 seconds, I was sent back to the waiting room while they tallied my bill. They told me I would have to pay for a special cleaning for $500. When I argued the price was outrageous, the secretary stated that she could knock off $140 for the special tooth brush and another $30 for a rinse. They were trying to upsell me and see what I would accept. I left furious. I went to another dentist one week later. The dentist confirmed my teeth are in excellent condition, little plaque, and absolutely no sign of gingivitis. Aspen Dental also billed me. When I called my insurance company, they contacted Aspen. Aspen said it was a billing mistake. FRAUD!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2009

I came in for their new patient examination and xrays. My experience was great. I was greeted as soon as I walked in by their friendly staff. When I was called in for my examination, the doctor looked into my mouth and knew exactly why I was there. I would say he was very knowledgeable dentist. I knew I needed a lot of work and they had set me up with a payment plan to make things more affordable for me. My experience with them was FANTASTIC. They really do "change the way I see the dentist". Thanks Aspen Dental.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2007