Ratings for Dr. Richard Casey

A horrible experience from beginning to end. I went for a vasectomy. In his waiting area was another man who made a crude joke about vasectomies. His receptionist said 'Don't say that, he (pointing at me) is going to have one.' So much for patient confidentiality. For a variety of reasons, most of them having to do with business travel, about 2 months elapsed between the initial consultation and the actual procedure. As he is draping and prepping me, Dr. Casey noted the time lag. 'What's the matter,' he said, 'take you this long to get your nerve up.' Nothing like insulting a patient. Once the procedure was underway, a nurse came into the room with a case file and started to talk to Dr. Casey about another patient. Keep in mind, he has begun a procedure. He keeps working but he is talking to the nurse at the same time about another patient in front of me. So much for focusing on the patient at hand and, again, patient confidentiality. I started to experience tremendous pain during the procedure and I said so. He said and did nothing. His nurse told me that I was feeling pressure, not pain, as I had been injected. I complained again and Dr. Casey again did nothing. His nurse asked me what kind of pain it was. Again I said I was really hurting. Again nothing was done. I was sweating profusely and began to feel as if I were going to throw up, and I said so. Nothing from Dr. Casey but his nurse said it was merely (merely!) a reaction that had something to do with the vagus nerve. I felt as sick as a dog. I felt as if I had been put through the wringer. Afterwords, they wheeled me into another room and gave me a trash can to throw up into if I need to. I did. After some time - don't know how long - a nurse comes in and says, 'are you dancing yet.' So much for sensitivity to your patient. She made it clear that I needed to get up and get going. I guess they needed the space. Except for the initial insult, I did not hear a word from Dr. Casey during the entire procedure. He did not address the pain, which was quite real to me, even though they may have thought it wasn't supposed to happen. I felt as if I had been treated as though I were no more than a slab of meat. Under no circumstances will I ever go to this practice again.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

Extremely talented surgeon and knowledgeable. Takes the time to listen and explain. Come with questions prepared in advance!

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

Office staff was helpful. Doctor was direct and helpful.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

both dr casey and his partner are great . He is honest with you and straightforward.

Submitted May 7, 2017

I have had a great experience with Dr Casey and would recommend him to my friends

flag | Submitted May 6, 2017

A great surgeon, have sporting personality, after seeing him the patient is relaxed. To get appointment is not irritating, have good knowledge of his profession and very well experienced. Listened to his patients with patience and not hurriedly.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2017

Dr. Casey performed a prostatectomy in 2010. For two years the PSA was negligible. Then it returned. He said I needed radiation. He dismissed me, not like, "Ah, things are fine. You don't need me any more." No it was not like that. He knew he buggered things up. Well, I had 33 radiation treatments and all to no avail. Now I find that the PSA has gone through the roof. A bond scan showed that it as metastasized into my spine, sternum and rib cage. So much for this urologist. My advice..... Go somewhere else. Do not deal with this cold, unsympathetic person.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2017

It has been a pleasure seeing Dr. Casey over the past year. Helpful and always made himself available when I needed to see him.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

Awesome doctor! Helpful and friendly - took the time to speak with us and we didn't feel rushed. Would recommend to everyone! Rare to find doctors like this now a days!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2016

Illogical and dismissive. My advice is to stay away from a doctor who is incapable or too lazy to put together all the parameters related to my case and formulate an appropriate treatment. He was too lazy to follow the right procedure to complete his examination. I think in his mind, he has already retired from his profession and is very selective in the cases he takes. If he doesn't like you, you are finished with him. My advice to you is to find a doctor who is still interested in practicing his profession and poviding treatment to his patients.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2016