Ratings for Dr. Stephen V. Dimarzo

I was on the monitor for baby's heartbeat at 34 weeks and the nurse mistakenly put it on the wrong side of my tummy. ( I guess all the moms know what I'm talking about. ) When I pointed it out, she was angry and refused to correct it. ONLY after a long time, when no heartbeat can be detected and I went to her again, she claimed that I moved and then adjusted the monitor rudely. This is so unprofessional !!! The doctor is always in a hurry and seems unapproachable. AT 38 weeks, I got a call from the nurse saying that I need to deliver the baby asap. I asked why ? She said based on the ultrasound. I said the ultrasound result is fine. She then said it is just a concern of your age over 35.???? I was speechless, frustrated and stressed right before my due date and it was too late to change a doctor. The delivery process was not pleasant and I would never recommend this doctor to anyone based on my personal experience.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2011

Completely disinterested and aloof. Shows no interest in his patients well being or more importantly their concerns. Always in a rush to get out of the room and demonstrates terrible bedside manner. Most recently his lack of attention to detail manifested itself when he prescribed my wife a penicilin based antibiotic despite the fact that she is highly allergic to penicillin and all sulfa drugs. Even worse, when my wife called his office to dicuss her concern having already taken one of the pills Dr DiMarzo was "out to lunch" and unavailable to speak to her. Truly inexplicable that a so called expert could make such an egregious error and evidence of his sloppy and cavalier approach to his practice. there is simply no place for Dr DiMarzo's indifferent attitude and path of least resistance mentatility - Scripps should stongly consider severing their ties with this doctor and I would strongly encourage anyway considering his services to look elsewhere.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2011

Dr. DiMarzo has been mine and my mothers Ob/Gyn for over 15 years, and is by far the most caring, knowledgeable, and charismatic doctor I have ever met. Dr. DiMarzo was doing his recidency and was present during my birth and 22 years later, I scheduled the birth of my son for when he was available. My labor and delivery was as comfortable as any doctor could make it! I now live in Virginia and I still call his office to ask questions, because I have yet to find a doctor out here who cares about his patients as much as Dr. DiMarzo does.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2007

Dr. Stephen V. Dimarzo's Credentials

• University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry (Grad. 1980)

MB Health