Ratings for Dr. Miguel G. Carbonell

I have been through several pregnancies with Dr. Carbonell as my OB. He is THE MOST AWESOME Dr. EVER!!! My baby days are over, but I still see him for my GYN, and always will. He is the most kind, caring Dr. ever. He takes the time to listen to you and to explain everything. He is very awesome, and knows what he is doing! I have and will continue to refer my friends to him. My husband and I both LOVE, LOVE him!!!

flag | Submitted October 28, 2015

Medford, Ore. -- A jury awarded a 6-year-old girl in Jackson County $1,012,000 in a malpractice lawsuit against a Medford obstetrician. The little girl's attorney, Elden Rosenthal who practices at Portland firm Rosenthal Greene and Devlin, P.C., said she is unable to fully use her left hand. It's a permanent injury caused by her shoulder getting stuck behind her mother's pubic bone during birth. Rosenthal alleged Medford Obstetrician Dr. Miguel Carbonell pulled the baby out with too much force. In the end, a jury decided Carbonell was negligent in his handling of the little girl's delivery.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

Being a physician myself, I am very selective regarding who I trust with my healthcare. I could have no more trust with a physician than I do with Dr. Carbonell. I recommend him to friends without reservation. He is outstanding!

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

Could not have been happier with Dr. Carbonell. Even through both my pregnancys. Caring, always on time, funny, never made me feel silly for all my questions, knowledgable, good bedside manners.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

Dr. Carbonell cared for me through two pregnancies and delivered both of my daughters. For my first daughter I originally tried to stay in the same office as my NP that I'd been seeing for years, but after a horrible 8 week check up and an unsatisfactory meeting with my "assigned" physician (and billing mix-ups!) I started searching for an alternate physician. I checked with the hospital birthing staff educator and other doctors for their opinions and Dr. Carbonell always made the list of recommended doctors. He attends over 80% of his births, he is very conservative (which you want for prenatal care), he is well-liked by the birthing center staff, and overall he is very caring, has a great bedside manner, and really likes to explain exactly what's going on with you and the reasoning behind treatment and your choices. I've recommended him to multiple friends and they've all been very happy. The only patient I wouldn't recommend is someone who is also suffering from depression. You'd probably be happier and healthier with another practice helping you that is better at recognizing, diagnosing, and treating those conditions. But if you want your doctor to show up to your delivery, have excellent cooperation with the hospital staff, and have a great call group then Dr. Carbonell is hands down one of the best choices in the valley.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2014

I had him deliver my baby's, I've never experienced any issues on what is being wrote in previous comments. He has also delivered my friends and families baby's. We were all considered high risk and our babies are all healthy now.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2013

Has no respect for alternative medicine or willingness to be open to anything but Western Medicine.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2013

Best doctor ever!! Always felt like I knew what was going on. He made it very comforting for me. LOVE LOVE LOVE HIM!!!

flag | Submitted January 19, 2013

Dr Carbonell and his staff are great! They sat down with me at my first OB appointment and reviewed my insurance, broke down exactly how much I'd be paying out of pocket and set up a payment plan. Any time I had a question about anything I received a call back w/in 2 hours of calling. The wait time to get called back for my visits was always reasonable. Dr Carbonell delivered my son July 25th at 8pm, even though he wasn't on-call and it was hours past his scheduled time to be off. He's great, he listens, he explains things in great detail. I would highly recommend him and his staff, and I plan to switch to him for my general GYN care now as well.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2012

I scheduled to see this doctor about six months ago. The doctor was scheduled to give me a pap. When I came in, he told me that it was too early to do the pap and that he'd reschedule in a few months and sent me home. A few months later, I received over $300 in charges. When I called to speak to the billing staff, she told me that because he looked at my file and wrote up a notice saying I was rescheduled, and that it was worth $300 of his time. After this, they hounded me for several months to reschedule but I was wary. However, when I called back to reschedule (thinking I'd give them another chance), the billing staff was disrespectful, by not answering my questions, talking in a condescending voice and telling me about my previous balance that I had been paying on. I never have problems like this. Most doctor offices are respectful and will listen when a patient is upset about charges. This company is not friendly and will charge you an unethical amount of fees for no services.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2012

Dr. Miguel G. Carbonell's Credentials

• Tufts University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)