Ratings for Dr. Ellen Mellow

Although Dr. Mellow is a very caring physician, the wait time is horrible, and this is ALWAYS the case. Average wait time in her waiting room is over 1 hour. Then once you are called in, you are waiting again. Be prepared to spend over 4 hours for an appointment. All in all, it simply is not worth the wait. There are too many excellent physicians in Manhattan.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2014

Dr. Mellow is one of a kind. I thinks her time management is improving since I've been there last. She is patient and caring and treats you more like a friend than a number like most doctors do. I have recommended her to all my family and friends and they all feel the same about her. I really consider myself lucky to have found her.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2013

Dr. Mellow is an amazing, knowledgeable, and caring doctor. As far as the bad reviews go, when I recommend her to friends, I warn them first-she's not someone to go to if you need a quick in and out at the office. You'll wait for her, especially later in the day. And she'll spend forever with you. She's like an old fashioned doctor-she'll always fit you in, no matter what, she'll thoroughly look into any question you have, she's even called her husband when I've been there late at night to access files and help her get more info! She'll take everything seriously and is always courteous and respectful. If you do make an appointment, aim earlier in the day, and still-call before you head over to see how behind schedule she's running and ask if you should come in later than your appt. Because she does spend so much time, and bc she'll always squeeze in last minute appointments, she's always running behind. If you are willing to deal with that, she's the best doctor.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2012

I rated her poorly because it took her 3 hours to actually see me. During my check up she not only FELL asleep writing my notes she also fell asleep checking my heartbeat. She took personal calls while she was asking me questions. She administered a test that 60 year olds only check to me which was a CT scan of my heart. My other cardiologist who i went to made me promise not to do another ct scan until i reach 60 because it was completely ridiculous. All the radiation for no reason. She not only scared me with her "IDEAS" and "OPINIONS" of whats wrong with my heart but she was also completely wrong. My other cardiologist performed all exams neccescary the same day SHOWED ME THE PICTURES AND EVERYTHING and said i was completely normal. ive been stressed for months for no reason. left this office and have never been happier. OH AND the exam room is also an office. Everyone walks in and out while you're being checked...no privacy

flag | Submitted October 4, 2012

Do not go see Dr. Mellow. I waited for 2 hours in her waiting room, then my exam, which was a routine physical took another 2 hours. And she didn't even take my blood, I had to go to LabCorp on another day to have that done. The office should at least tell patients of that fact so I could have gone to a doctor who does everything. Then LabCorp was completely confused on all the tests she asked to have run. An EXTREME waste of time. Do yourself a favor and go to a normal doctor who can do everything for you in an hour.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2012

I had a terrible experience when I saw Dr. Mellow for a routine physical. My appointment took approx. 4 hours! I spent 1+ hrs in the waiting room. Then was taken back to a checkup room, where I waited another hour. Then my check took about 2 hours, as Dr. Mellow was frazzled, had trouble focusing on my questions and kept taking phone calls from or about other patients. During my visit, the assistant asked for my cc number, in case my insurer did not cover a procedure. She said they'd call me in advance of putting any charges onto it. I received an immunization that day and the assistant told me if it was not covered it would cost about $100. More than a month later, my cc was charged more than $200 by Dr. Mellow's office. I asked about the charge and was told my insurer hadn't covered the "cost of administering my immunization" (not the immunization, but the cost of giving it, which had not been mentioned). No one called me in advance. Would stay away from this doc.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2012

Wonderful doctor, very helpful and thorough. Takes time to understand the problem and find the right solution. I was very fortunate to find her.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2011

What a wonderful doctor! Dr. Mellow was the most thorough Doctor I have ever seen. She took as much time as needed; I never felt rushed; she explained everything and described the tests I should take and why they are needed. I felt very comfortable and secure with her knowledge and caring. Her staff was excellent as well. I recommend her highly.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2011

There are no doctors like her left in the City. She is very caring and detailed in her exams. I have been going to her now for seven years, and every visit is as insightful and helpful as the last. I recommend her highly. She is also great for follow up test results. Her staff also provided me with copies of everything I asked on my file, unlike some other doctors I have seen who wanted me to write them a signed letter (even though I am physically there already), and pay $0.25 per copy (highway robbery!!) If you need a cardiologist, she is the one with the most heart. Don't wait. Go see her!!!! :)

flag | Submitted May 7, 2010

Dr. Mellow has been my cardiologist for over 10 years. I find her to be very thorough in her examinations. She is very patient minded and explains everything.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2010

Dr. Ellen Mellow's Credentials

• Cornell University Medical College (Grad. 1980)