Ratings for Dr. Lynne A. Gaynes

I am more than accustomed to a long wait to see an endocrinologist. My pediatric endo sometimes had me waiting in the waiting room (and or the actual exam room) sometimes for up to 2-3 hours. If the doctor is good, it's worth the wait. Dr. Gaynes is one of those doctors. I do not see that she is cold or impersonable as some other reviewers did. I have had a wonderful experience at that office. Her check-in staff are not always friendly and can, sometimes, be a bit on the rude side. I'm not there to see them, I'm there to see the doctor. I've seen several Endos throughout my life. My pediatric Endo and Dr. Gaynes are two of the best.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Lynne Gaynes for many years. She is a very good doctor who really takes good care of her patients. I trust her with my care. I've never had the wait time at that others are leaving comments here. Of course I always try to book my appointments early in the morning. Dr. Gaynes not only takes care of her patients in the office but when she read my husband's obit in the local newspaper, she called me at home to check on me and offer her condolences. Not many doctors in this day and age would do that for a patient. I hope she never retires because I know i will never find a better doctor than Dr. Gaynes

Submitted August 22, 2014

I was one of Dr. Lynne Gaynes-Kaplan's patients for 5 years. She is extremely personable and knowledgeable, but the office staff at Maryland Endocrine, and more specifically, her check-in staff are regularly rude and unhelpful (ie not based on one event). If you must reschedule an appointment, you will likely have to wait a month or two before you can be seen again. Wait time in the waiting room is a bit too long, but the time spent in the room waiting on Dr. Gaynes to arrive is also way too long. You should plan to spend AT LEAST 1.5-2 hr at the office, for a finger stick, new prescriptions, and blood drawn. I will miss her as my doctor, but not all the other downsides of making a trip to her office.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2014

Arrived at 9:45am for a 10:00am appointment, saw the doctor at 10:50am. Unapologetic, clinical, aloof. A day of appointments with all doctor's at least 45 minutes late, with no recognition of the incovenience to the patient. Not looking for groveling,just an acknowledgement my time is valuable too and running late happens, but she's clueless. And, she lacks any patient warmth. Will begin search for new Endochrinologist.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2013

I have been all over to find a good endocrine doctors. I have had diabetes since I was 8. She is amazing. I drive from VA to see Dr. Gaynes and she is very knowledgable and friendly.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2012

Dr. Gaynes is wonderful. I became more impressed with her when I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes and how carefully she monitored me. Several friends are seeing her too. Her office staff is good. Sometimes the wait time is long. Also, there can be a several month wait to get an appt. Since her office started using electronic medical files, I think its easier getting the lab forms and rx refills.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2009

Actually, I never got to see Dr. Gaynes. I called her office multiple times to make an appt and ALWAYS got a voice mail greeting asking me to leave my name and number. After leaving my name and number twice, no one ever called me back. I'm taking this as a sign and looking for another doctor!

flag | Submitted November 12, 2007

I have been going to Dr. Gaynes for many years with my daughter as well. We are both hypothyroid. Today in confirming our appointment with Dr. Gayne's office, we were told that my daughter cannot return to the office for "no shows" even though she has not had an appointment for over a year. Dr. Gaynes is great, but the office manager needs to get her act straighted up. I have written Dr. Gaynes and am waiting for a reply.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2006

This Dr was recomended by several, but I ended up going through treatment for cancer with only a protocal and very little communication from Dr Gaynes. Always waited at least an hour for appointments

flag | Submitted December 2, 2005

Dr Gaynes is wonderful she will not keep you in the dark and she won't sugar coat you. If you have a question, she will have the answer. I feel she is the best in her field.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2005

Dr. Lynne A. Gaynes's Credentials

• University Of Southern California School Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)

MB Health