Ratings for Dr. Donald Schanz

Dr Schanz was very knowledgeable and patient. Impressed with the results of treatment. Very gentle, kind. Treatment was pain free and results were impressive. He will be sorely missed.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2011

He was rude and unsympathetic. Came off as very pompous. Breached confidentiality, in front of staff and waiting room patients. Tried to make me pay for unecessary outside consultation

flag | Submitted August 16, 2011

I was in a bad car accident in 2008 and i have saw many many doctors and pain specialist and nothing worked for me. I went to Dr.Schanz and he is the first doctor to actually know what he is doing and the shots help so much. I highly recommend him. His staff is very kind also!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2011

Dr. Schanz is the best pain doctor I have ever seen. I have been a patient of his for 5 years and drive 3 hours every visit to see him. His knowledge & compassion of pain is uncommon...he spends time with me every time I come in, unlike the other doctor's Ive seen who just try to rush the appointment, he takes his time & listens to me

flag | Submitted July 11, 2011

Very bad experience. I had been seeing Dr. Schanz for almost two years and always thought he was a little strange but very smart and had given me a few injections that helped my midback pain. However, during my most recent appointment he was so inappropriate acting. He was acting strange, like he was on drugs or something. I didn't think a whole lot of it until during the procedure. I over heard what he was saying to staff. He was saying things he shouldn't have been, especially with me (as a patient) lying there. He then became frustrated about something having to do with the procedure. He three something across the room and everything became quiet. The staff tried to distract me with conversation but something wasn't right about it all. Before I knew it I was sat up on the end of the table and asked to sit in a wheel chair. We I asked questions afterward the nurse (or whomever she was) didn't have any answers for me. I want to know what happened but no one told me.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2010

Excellent doctor. Made all the difference in my life of back pain.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2010

After a serious injury I was referred to several different pain specialists and not one of them provided both care and concern towards me as a person. And then, I found Dr. Schanz who provides both excellent care and concern for me as a person. He has done more for me in two years than all of the rest I have been seeing in the past eight years. He truly is a phyician who puts his patient's first and not how much money he can make in a day. If you are suffering from chronic pain like me due to a MVA or any reason, I reccommend you call Dr. Schanz. Be sure you are not routed to any other physician within the office.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2007

Dr. Donald Schanz's Credentials

• Chicago Coll Of Osteo Med, Midwestern Univ, Chicago Il 60615 (Grad. 1990)