Ratings for Dr. Ian Matthew

I would trust him with my life. Being slightly dramatic but after he removed two of my wisdom teeth, there was virtually no pain after. Granted they were simple enough for a general practitioner but having seen him work on my brother, I could not trust anyone else for better freezing or faster extraction. Also, shout out to Shelby! Awesome team!!

flag | Submitted September 3, 2015

My teenaged son had a complex wisdom tooth extraction (all 4) which took much longer than anticipated. He then had difficulty waking up from his sedation. The staff was helpful and professional throughout, checking on him and making sure he was comfortable. 4 days out, and despite the complexity of the extractions, he has no pain, minimal swelling, and no bruising. Dr. Matthew is impressive!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2015

I recently had all four of my wisdom teeth removed by Dr. Ian Matthew and wow! An absolute amazing oral surgeon! During the consultation he explained the procedure in full detail and answered any questions/concerns I had. I very much admired that he outlined all of the options we had for the extraction. He also explained any complications that may arise after the teeth are taken out and precautions that can be taken. I could already tell that he was a professional surgeon due to his expertise. One thing that most stood out to me is that Dr. Ian Matthew does his work because he is passionate about what he does and not about the money. I have yet to see an oral surgeon in the lower mainland that does work like him. Other surgeons could definitely learn a thing or two from him. The staff and assistants were very helpful and supportive! I could not thank them enough. I would highly recommend Dr. Ian Matthew if anyone plans to get any oral surgery. Don't even bother looking at others as this is your best choice.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2015

Dr. Ian Matthew is an awesome surgeon!! He and his staff team really care about their clients and are very knowledgable in what they do. I had four wisdom teeth removed and they made me feel as comfortable as one can get when having to get oral surgery done. They called for follow up and when I didn't call back, they called again to make sure my recovery was going smoothly. I called to ask questions and they were very helpful and kind. I would highly recommend Dr. Ian Matthew and his staff team to anyone!! In fact, I'll be taking my daughter there when she's ready to get her wisdom teeth taken out.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

I actually had wisdom teeth removed last year, but now that my son's going to Dr. Matthew, it reminded me to submit a review. Everything is so professional at this office. They communicate well, they are on time and, as others have said everything you need to know is explained very well in advance. Post-surgery follow-up and advice is great. How many doctor's offices actually call you to find out how things are going? The fact that he teaches and does surgery made me feel good. He has a great bedside manner, is fast and efficient, and the wisdom tooth extraction went without a hitch. The office staff take care of all extended health claim submissions. I don't think dental surgery could be less stressful or more professional than this. Most doctor's offices could learn a great deal from how Dr. Mathew and his staff operate.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

I was referred by Dr. Shivji for the removal of 3 wisdom teeth. I was very nervous about getting this done but Dr. Matthew put me at ease. He is very sincere, helpful and professional. The procedure went very smoothly as did the recovery. The staff there were also very friendly...excellent service. I had to call a few times with questions and they were always helpful. Would highly recommend!!

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

Wonderful service from Dr. Matthew and his staff. Matthew and his assistant were both very kind, gentle, and professional. The procedure turned out to be way easier than I expected!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

Had a cyst in my jaw that was large and growing around an impacted wisdom tooth. Scary surgery and when it was found at the Dentist they booked me with Dr Ian Matthews immediately. Was in the very next morning for surgery, Dr Ian Matthews was amazing, great personality, genuinely cared about me and spent the time to explain what had to be done. I would recommend him 100% 6 out of 5

flag | Submitted July 18, 2014

Went to see Dr. Matthew for a wisdom tooth extraction recently (1 tooth). I was a bit nervous, as I had an impacted wisdom tooth that was close to a nerve. And I have to say, Dr. Matthew is. the. man!! I was initially very nervous to get my wisdom tooth out until I met with Dr. Matthew for a consultation. He was very professional and knowledgeable. He was also very up front with answering my questions and addressing my concerns. I felt really comfortable with him. Come time for the actual extraction, he was again very professional and punctual. He even cracked a few jokes to put me at ease! I chose to go to sleep for the extraction so it just felt like a great nap! Minimal pain (just a headache, which is standard), and minimal bleeding (bleeding stopped almost immediately after the operation), no bruising or swelling! I was chewing "solids" (noodles) the next day, and was eating regular foods within 3 days. I would say I was at 100% in 10 days. I would recommend him to everyone!

flag | Submitted March 18, 2014

Exceptional service, professional and ethical. My wife had a biopsy done under oral sedation and local anesthesia by Dr. Mattew this morning. Myself being a general dentist accompanied her through out the procedure. He is very well regarded amongst dental professionals in the community. He was very personable and thorough with his care and the incision was made with extreme precision. I would rate him 6 out of 5 stars. He made us feel at ease and demonstrated what a true health provider should be. Very inspiring individual!

flag | Submitted February 25, 2014