Ratings for Dr. Ian Matthew

He is such a wonderful doctor. My mom had 2 wisdom teeth that needed to be pulled out. He has explained the procedure in such a great detail. He made sure my mom was comfortable during the whole procedure. My mom didnot want to have General anesthetic, so Dr. Matthew gave her some Local anesthetic. My mom was also feeling a little nervous. Dr. Matthew gave her some calming medicine. And waited 45 minutes for my mom to feel completely at ease and comfortable before he started the procedure. He was so skilled and kind. I would trust my life with him. His office was also super helpful. They reminded us few times before the appointment and called to ask her about the healing. And my mom still had some questions to ask him. He let us back in the office , and answered her concerns and recheck with no charge. I never med any dentist this pleasant and kind. By the way, GREAT SENSE OF HUMOR . I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2017

I was recently referred to Dr. Matthew by Dr. Lindsay Flumerfelt. I am a nervous patient and on my first visit to Dr. Matthew I was immediately put at ease. I choose to be put to sleep for the extraction and the procedure went very well, I had very little swelling, no bruising and a small amount of pain the first day. His office followed up twice with me in the first week to make sure everything was going well. Dr. Matthew is a very caring Doctor and my experience with him and his assistant could not have been better.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

I would trust him with my life. Being slightly dramatic but after he removed two of my wisdom teeth, there was virtually no pain after. Granted they were simple enough for a general practitioner but having seen him work on my brother, I could not trust anyone else for better freezing or faster extraction. Also, shout out to Shelby! Awesome team!!

flag | Submitted September 3, 2015

My teenaged son had a complex wisdom tooth extraction (all 4) which took much longer than anticipated. He then had difficulty waking up from his sedation. The staff was helpful and professional throughout, checking on him and making sure he was comfortable. 4 days out, and despite the complexity of the extractions, he has no pain, minimal swelling, and no bruising. Dr. Matthew is impressive!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2015

I recently had all four of my wisdom teeth removed by Dr. Ian Matthew and wow! An absolute amazing oral surgeon! During the consultation he explained the procedure in full detail and answered any questions/concerns I had. I very much admired that he outlined all of the options we had for the extraction. He also explained any complications that may arise after the teeth are taken out and precautions that can be taken. I could already tell that he was a professional surgeon due to his expertise. One thing that most stood out to me is that Dr. Ian Matthew does his work because he is passionate about what he does and not about the money. I have yet to see an oral surgeon in the lower mainland that does work like him. Other surgeons could definitely learn a thing or two from him. The staff and assistants were very helpful and supportive! I could not thank them enough. I would highly recommend Dr. Ian Matthew if anyone plans to get any oral surgery. Don't even bother looking at others as this is your best choice.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2015

Dr. Ian Matthew is an awesome surgeon!! He and his staff team really care about their clients and are very knowledgable in what they do. I had four wisdom teeth removed and they made me feel as comfortable as one can get when having to get oral surgery done. They called for follow up and when I didn't call back, they called again to make sure my recovery was going smoothly. I called to ask questions and they were very helpful and kind. I would highly recommend Dr. Ian Matthew and his staff team to anyone!! In fact, I'll be taking my daughter there when she's ready to get her wisdom teeth taken out.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

I actually had wisdom teeth removed last year, but now that my son's going to Dr. Matthew, it reminded me to submit a review. Everything is so professional at this office. They communicate well, they are on time and, as others have said everything you need to know is explained very well in advance. Post-surgery follow-up and advice is great. How many doctor's offices actually call you to find out how things are going? The fact that he teaches and does surgery made me feel good. He has a great bedside manner, is fast and efficient, and the wisdom tooth extraction went without a hitch. The office staff take care of all extended health claim submissions. I don't think dental surgery could be less stressful or more professional than this. Most doctor's offices could learn a great deal from how Dr. Mathew and his staff operate.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

I was referred by Dr. Shivji for the removal of 3 wisdom teeth. I was very nervous about getting this done but Dr. Matthew put me at ease. He is very sincere, helpful and professional. The procedure went very smoothly as did the recovery. The staff there were also very friendly...excellent service. I had to call a few times with questions and they were always helpful. Would highly recommend!!

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

Wonderful service from Dr. Matthew and his staff. Matthew and his assistant were both very kind, gentle, and professional. The procedure turned out to be way easier than I expected!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

Had a cyst in my jaw that was large and growing around an impacted wisdom tooth. Scary surgery and when it was found at the Dentist they booked me with Dr Ian Matthews immediately. Was in the very next morning for surgery, Dr Ian Matthews was amazing, great personality, genuinely cared about me and spent the time to explain what had to be done. I would recommend him 100% 6 out of 5

flag | Submitted July 18, 2014