Ratings for Dr. Jon L. Siems

If you are reading reviews to decide on an eye doctor, I highly recommend you do NOT go here!! I am a highly respected business professional and am taking the time to post this to warn anyone who is seeking advice. While the staff is as friendly as can be, Dr. Siems has a "God complex" and thinks he can do no wrong. Don't just take my word for what I am about to tell you, I HAVE BEFORE AND AFTER PICS TO PROVE EVERYTHING I AM ABOUT TO SAY!! Simply email me and I will GLADLY send them to you!! After much contemplation, I went to Dr. Siems for a lower bleph procedure. I not only went in for the initial consult but also stopped back in two other times prior to the procedure to ask specific questions and get confirmations on exactly what the procedure would do for me. I explained that I wanted the bleph so that I would no longer need to buy face creams for wrinkles, etc and it was very apparent that when not smiling (resting b**** face), I showed no signs of wrinkles. EVERY pic on my Facebook account shows a non-smiling pic simply because I showed wrinkles when I cracked a smile. I asked Dr. Siems SPECIFICALLY if the procedure would get rid of ALL OF THE WRINKLES and was told YES!!! Even Tonya, the woman who booked my procedure in the office and took my payment, told me YES, they would all be gone! I even stopped back in the office again, before the procedure to get a firm confirmation again that I was understanding correctly and that after paying the $3300, that ALL of my wrinkles under my eyes would be gone. I felt as if there was no need to pay $3300 to have the surgery if the surgery wasn't going to get rid of ALL of the wrinkles because I would still have to buy face creams if there was even one wrinkle left afterwards. What would be the point in having the surgery? I would have rather just kept buying the creams anyways and saved the $3300!! Needless to say, I now still have to buy the creams and STILL have wrinkles!! So, after being ASSURED on multiple occasions by the doctor, I went through with the surgery. The day after the surgery, when I smiled, I was beside myself. The wrinkles were NOT gone! Nowhere near gone! I immediately called in and stopped by on my way to work on day 2 and expressed my concern and Dr. Siems told me that they were just swollen, to relax and that it was a perfect bleph procedure. Yeah right!! After a week I went back in to get the stitches out. A nurse, who was clearly showing another nurse how to do this, proceeded to take my stitches out. Dr. Siems came in afterwards for about 30 seconds and I again, expressed my concern and DISAPPOINTMENT!! He again, said that they were still healing and that the wrinkles would go down and that he had performed a 'perfect bleph'! After about 3-5 more days, everything was healing shut and yet still, there were a TON of wrinkles! Not only that but now I also noticed that there was a stitch that was left in on my left eye!! You can CLEARLY see it still to this day because THE STITCHES THEY USE ON YOUR EYES ARE BLACK!!! Just wanted to mention that part because I was never told this and walked around looking like Ms. Frankenstein for over a week!! It makes you look way more terrifying than need be. So yes, it was very clear to myself, my coworkers, my friends, family, even 2 of Dr. Siems' nurses could CLEARLY tell there was a black stitch left under my eye!! I can STILL see it to this day and my surgery was back in June. So when I noticed the stitch, already angry that the wrinkles were STILL here, I made another appointment. At this appointment I was told by Dr. Siems that he "could make a fresh incision and take the stitch out (which he still wouldn't agree with me or any of the 50 people I had confirmation from, that it was a stitch) if I wanted"!! He also (for the 1st time in 3 weeks) admitted himself that yes, he could have taken more skin off during the procedure (taking more wrinkles) than he did and that after a month or two, I could come back in and he would "re-do" the procedure for me!!! Who the hell wants to go through that again??!!! Because of his mistake??!! As I said before, this man CLEARLY has an ego problem, talks and acts as if he is God himself and can do no wrong. You do NOT have to take my word for it---I will GLADLY send you before and after pics!! If you are questioning whether to use him for your bleph procedure, BEWARE!!! People like me take the time to post these reviews because we are sharing our true experiences with anyone who wants to know. I have had numerous cosmetic surgeries and have spent a lot of money on each of them. I have NEVER had a doctor treat me so rudely and show so much DISREGARD to my concerns! I paid $3300 and am still having to buy wrinkle cream and still have wrinkles! How is that a "perfect bleph procedure"????????!!!! I even had one nurse tell me that "THEY LOOK WORSE"!!! QUOTED!!! Oh and lets not forget the black stitch under my eye that I have for the rest of my life now!!!

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

This man may be good for lasik but he is not good for general problems.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

My lazik surgery was over 20 years ago and I still have 20/20 vision.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

I had a very satisfactory experience after eye surgery my vision had improved in such a little time. Thank you Dr. Siems and all your staff.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

It's nice to be able to make a Dr's appt. for the next day! I had a cateract and a few days later, I didn't! The entire experience was fast Smoove easy and affordable. I can tell you that I am able to see better out of my bad eye than I've ever been able to my entire life! Thanks doctor Simms and your entire staff.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016

As most of you already know, I got eye surgery about 3 weeks ago. I got my PRK done at Siems Eye Center​ with Dr Jon, and I can actually see now! My vision has improved so much in such a little time. This was definitely the smarted decision Ive made about my career and I have to recommend then to anyone who needs any type of eye surgery done. The most caring and friendly stuff, very high tech machines, and Dr Jon was very honest and knowledgeable about my case. Specially if you're in Vegas, thats the place I recommend. Call them up, ask for Myaa, and say I referred you, for a free consultation. Vinny Magalhaes MMA FIGHTER

flag | Submitted November 19, 2015

Amazing! The entire staff at this location are amazing. My eyesight is a little strange due to a neuro issue I've had for 25 years. I was very apprehensive about LASIK! There were a few things that made this the right place to go. From the initial call, they put your needs and concerns regarding an appointment upfront. I called Wednesday and was in Thursday for a consultation and we immediately followed with the procedure. I was back Friday to follow up. The blanket price included everything. (except drops but your insurance covers that) Most places continue to add on pricing, not here! They are extremely fast, professional and caring. Dr. Siems is amazing at the procedure and Rich his assistant is very clear in explaining how to care for your eyes after. They work extremely well as a team during the procedure. It can be viewed by family or friends in the waiting area (privately( if you so choose. I can not say enough about this office, staff and Surgeon!!!

flag | Submitted June 19, 2015

I would like to remain anonymous for this review because I am still having to go back to this doctor for my follow up care after my Lasik procedure I had recently. I'm not so much complaining about my surgery or the doctor. After they did my initial exam at my first visit to see if I was a candidate, they sent me into this office to see the surgical counselor who's name is Mia. Surgical counselor is a term I would use loosely because she seemed to have no clue about anything having to do with lasik. Her only concern was bullying me into paying that day. The funny thing is, I came in prepared to pay $3600 for my procedure which was the cost I was quoted over the phone. If she had only been able to answer a few questions I had about surgery and talk to me like a human being I would have paid $3600 for my surgery instead of the $3000 I ended up spending. She was so interested in getting me to pay that day by any means necessary. I honestly felt like I was on lthe show "Let's make a deal" but with a host that reminded me of the bully in grade school that used to steal kids lunch money. The funny thing is in all her bullying I ended up paying $600 less then I walked in intending to spend. That's probably the only reason I didn't complain about her to management or run out the door right then and there. I wouldn't even be writing this review about her if she hadn't made me feel completely bulldozed and obligated to do as she said. Not what I was expecting in a healthcare setting. Besides that I can't complain. My vision is excellent and I paid much less than I expected to.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

I had Lasik surgery here at Dr. Siems back in 2005 or 2006, I can't remember now. My vision was so bad, the Army wouldn't let me join because I was "a liability" if I were to lose my glasses. I was -9.50 in one eye and -9.75 in the other. I do remember that I went to two doctors prior to Dr. Siems - one told me I was not a candidate due to "thin corneas and having astigmatisms in both eyes", the other made me so uncomfortable that I just didn't trust them with my eyes. Then I found Dr. Siems. The staff was friendly and accommodating from the get go. They were knowledgeable and set my mind at ease immediately. Upon meeting my consultation nurse (?) I was told that I was indeed a candidate and they gave me a tour of the facility. I then met with a financial advisor who spoke with me about their financing option -with Care Credit that ended up working out wonderfully! My surgery was YEARS ago, but I still have 20/20 vision!! Literally, as soon as the surgery was over, I could see immediately better. It was by no means "good" or even close to "great" vision, but every day it got better and better and better. The follow up visits I had were always pleasant and they always answered every question. I have referred SEVERAL of my friends to Dr. Siems, and I will continue to do so. I would go back once a year if I had to just to have the vision I have now! If you are trying to make a decision, GO HERE! They are amazing.. incredible.. nothing short of extraordinary. Dr. Siems, if you read these.. thank you. You changed my life. You gave me the opportunity to fulfill my dream to become a Soldier. I am now a Combat Medic and a Staff Sergeant getting ready to go to Drill Sergeant School so I can train more troops. You changed my life.. I can never thank you enough.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2014

I definitely would recommend this doctor to anyone who needed eye surgery. I had my cataract xs done there last month. I went to another doctor who said that I didn't have cataracts and all I needed was LASIK and for $5000 dollars he would do it that day. I didn't feel right about this so I went to dr siens who was recommended to me by a friend. He said I clearly had cataracts and needed surgery. I got the multifilament lens so Now for the first time in 15 years don't need glasses. My wife is scheduled now to have surgery with him next month. Seriously. I wouldn't go anywhere else.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2014

Dr. Jon L. Siems's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• English
  • Spanish

• University Of Iowa College Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)

• Eye exam
  • Dry eyes
  • Pink eye (conjunctivitis)
  • Cataracts