Ratings for Dr. James B. Min

Poor Experience. Wasn't knowledgeable about basic medical care, basic illnesses, or basic diseases. He spent most of his time with me in the consult room: reading his notes, entering in new notes (before he talked with me he was busy typing away as soon as he got in the room), telling me information I already knew, not allowing me to explain my symptoms before jumping off on a tangent that was meaningless, speaks down to patients, assumes that senior citizens know nothing about medical care or their own health and explains to them (I'm one of those old senior citizens who doesn't know anything despite being a top corp. exec, and having multiple degrees from top universities in the country (he never cared to ask if I understood), and spoke to me as if I had the medical knowledge and intelligence of a 10 year old (my son at that age would be a challenge for Dr. Min and may not be able to explain things adequately without "big" words). Yep.... Believe it or not, there are people who graduated from the top universities on the west coast who know Latin, and GREEK, and .... who didn't graduate from Yale. I made a mistake allowing my family to see Dr. Min when we recently moved to Virginia. I am working on that change now and would prefer to go outside of Prince William County to get better health care. Having Dr. Min as a doctor and the associated "hospital" as my closest hospital are the TWO biggest mistakes I've made in moving to Haymarket, Virginia. The time and health I've lost in the past 18 months can't be recovered. Otherwise, Haymarket, VA is a great place to live.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

Dr. Min is an excellent physician who is very knowledgeable, realistic and incredibly attentive. I have been very pleased with his responsiveness to my questions and needs for refills. It can take a while to get a routine appointment, but because he is good, he has alot of patients. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2012

I have really found Dr. Min to be extremely pleasant, honest and frank in dealing with me. I couldn't ask for a better doctor. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2011

Never patronize Bristow Run Family Practice. We're tired of being gouged by this health care provider. Take your business to doctors who care about people not $$$$.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2011

Dr. Min is the best GP I have ever had. My mother was terminally ill and he took extremely good care of her and met our needs as well. He is very knowledgable and is a very good listener. Believe me, the other remarks below must have been very isolated incidences. The staff is professional and you would be hard pressed to find a better physician.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2011

Went for a rash, he was going to fax over a presc. to the pharm., HE FORGOT. I now things get busy, unsure if it was him or his staff!

flag | Submitted March 20, 2009

Dr Min is an attentive physician but his drawback is his office staff. He just blindly follows his staffs when it comes to issues with insurance companies, or between patients and his staff, without listening to what the patients have to say. The ladies in the office are very aggressive towards patients if there is a problem. They all seem to be on some kind of power trip and are very poor listeners. The communication is one way only! In addition to the foregoing, the worst part is that they shift the blame to the patient in the event of a mistake on their part and are not honest in what they have to convey to the doctors. Dr. Min just won't address these staffing issues. He needs to hire better qualfied staff who can be professional and actually care about the patient. The motto in this office seems to be doing the least possible whenever and whereever possoble - the patient - well he's just not our problem as long as we get paid.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2007

Dr. James B. Min's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1998)

Delta Dental