Ratings for Dr. Donald T. Donovan

No one could find a more qualified Physcian, and so Caring about His Patients!!!!

flag | Submitted August 12, 2017

By far the best ENT doctor in the Houston area and perhaps the whole of the United States.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

I am so thankful he was my surgeon. Kind, corteous, with a great work ethic. Removed a seven inch thyroid tumor, everything turned out perfect. Over a year later, still doing follow ups, no extra charge, has given me Levothiroxine, and a better explanation of my autoimmune thyroiditis than any other specialist I have consulted. And kind to my husband! Could we clone him please?!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

I am so blessed to have found Dr.Donovan. my daughter and I are both patients of his, and we love him. One of the very best Dr's we've had the pleasure of finding. Very greatful. Thank you!

flag | Submitted August 3, 2016

I have been treated by Dr. Donovan since 1983 when his then suitemate, Dr Park, gave me the words that changed my life forever, "I'm sorry but there is nothing that medical science can do for you". I was a junior at the University of Texas and my mind couldn't comprehend that the raspty, inaudible voice I'd found, that had replaced a great sounding voice scared the heck out of me. I didn't know what to do and thought I'd be speaking through a tube and voice box by 25 so my future became now. I went without a voice for nearly three years, a shadow of my former self, and then miraculously Dr. Donovan followed up. He took the initiative to tell me about this new Argon laser and asked If I wanted to give it a shot. Of course and within 72 hours I was speaking 90% of normal again. I had developed a rare (at the time nearly unheard of) papilloma virus related growths on my vocal cords. That's the only place they attacked and I have endured over 90 surgeries since then and all is benign as it is my 57th birthday today and I want to dedicate it to Dr. Donald Donovan, his family, and his staff as they are all wonderful, first class human beings who care. He took my life fro the dypsty dumpsters to boardrooms of First Amerian Title as Corporate counsel in theie largest office in, at the time, the whole world. Of course I know he is an instrument of my Lord and Savior but this man is dedicated and always has time to ask me about my family and exceeds the extra mile extensively. He single HANDEDLY RESURRECTED MY LIFE AND NOW I HAVE FOUR WONDERFUL SONS all named Donald, Just kidding...but he is without a doubt my hero who I will sing his praises should I finish strong and hear those words, "well done my good and faithful servant".

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

I have had to see many doctors in my 70 years and of all the doctors I have seen and this includes even female doctors, i.e. cardiologists, rheumatologists, etc. in the houston area, this doctor wins the gold medal. He really cares about his patients and the patient can tell. Hiss staff of RN's and LVN's are fantastic and he has an MA that is by far the best MA I have ever met in his building and attached hospital. This doctor called our home on a holiday to giove us good newes on a report so we could enjoy the holiday. His RN stayed on the phone with me to work a painful stone out of the salvilary gland. They do not come any better. Yes, other physicians know of his kind reputation to the patient. Many need to learn from him and his staff.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2015

Dr.Donald Donovan is the best I thank you GOD that he did my thyroidectomy on 2013.Best Dr. you could find.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014

This man did a repeat parotid surgery for me, and the difference between him and my previous surgeon was night and day. The first surgeon NEVER came to see me. Dr. Donovan must have come into my room at least 4 times in two days. He always spent as much time as I needed in our office visits as well. His skill is beyond comparable, and his bedside manner, sense of humor and professionalism are well-balanced. I would recommend him in a heartbeat, and agree with the others about wanting to clone him for other specialties. My daughter's pediatric ENT for my grandsons recommended him, and I am so-o-o-o-o glad I asked his opinion!

flag | Submitted September 12, 2013

In all the doctors I have seen in my 70 years, Dr. D. wins the solid gold trophy. He told me once that I am an amazing person...No, he is the amazing person. His two gals there have been with him a very long time and treat me just as well. I too have HPT issues and 3 Thyroid tumors. He recently saw my husband in the hospital. He did not have to make this visit as his excellent Fellows took over. Another PLUS for this doctor. I wish we could clone him. Don't get me started on "not so good" doctors. I avoid them like the Plaque.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2011

I see the previous good reviews about Dr. Donovan and I am surprised. I saw him because I had been diagnosed with hyperparathyroidism. He was rude and insulting to me. A minute into the office visit with my labs in hand, when he asked me my symptoms and I stated fatigue and and pain, before I could say anything more he snarled at me, "I'll do the talking." I was shocked at his unprofessional manner.He was of no help at all. He just brushed me off. I have never seen a doctor act that way and I am puzzled that four other patients on this site rate him highly.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2011

Dr. Donald T. Donovan's Credentials

• French

• Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 1976)