Ratings for Dr. Terry McKay

My 85 year old father had avoided dentistry for quite a few years due to a bad experience many years in the past. We were extremely fortunate to have been referred to Dr. McKay recently when it looked like my father was down to his few remaining teeth. It’s hard to believe that someone with the anxiety towards dentistry that my father had would eventually walk out of the office with bridges for both his upper and lower front teeth. The end result is amazing and has taken many years off of his appearance and allowed him to eat a lot of foods that were not possible previously. Dr. McKay was very attentive in making sure the multiple sessions required were pain free and that the finished product was perfect but beyond that was an amazing bedside manner. His patience, caring and friendliness is so genuine that it can’t help but put you at ease. The excellence of service provided extends to the entire staff - there is a very positive atmosphere to the whole office.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2016

Fabulous! Can not say enough about this great Dentist and his terrific staff

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

Lucky me to have found Dr. Terry McKay over 20 years ago. My friend recommended him to me then and I've never looked back. Previously I would avoid going to a dentist but now I feel very comfortable and trust him implicitly. Staff are fantastic, he's always on time and extremely personable. He's improved not only my smile but my health, more importantly. So happy to drive half an hour or more sometimes to my appointments with Dr. McKay.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2016

Seemingly never late, unfailingly courteous, an extraordinary skilled, kind and gentle Dentist. Have been going to Terry McKay for more than 30 years and simply can not say enough good things about either him or his staff. If needing a dentist, don't walk ..run to IQ Dental in North Vancouver

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

I have been going to Dr. Terry McKay for over 6 years and couldn't be happier with the service that I get not only from him but from his amazing staff at IQ Dental in North Vancouver. I highly recommend Dr. McKay for any of your dental needs !

flag | Submitted April 8, 2016

Dr. Terry McKay is not only the best dentist that I have ever had, but is likely to be the best dentist I shall ever have. I cannot recommend him more highly. I actually enjoy seeing Dr. McKay and his staff, but their work is so good that I don't need to see them very often!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

I have been seeing Dr.McKay for many years and he is superb dentist and always takes the time to ensure you are feeling okay and are comfortable during any dental procedures. His staff, are also very client focused. I would highly recommend Dr. McKay if you are looking for a great dentist!

flag | Submitted September 26, 2015

A very knowledgeable, personal dentist with a great sense of humor and dedicated to his patients. Andrea provides excellent support as do the support staff including Susan, a great hygienist! Top marks!

Submitted August 27, 2015

Having to find a new dentist can be daunting but if you are looking, then look no further! My original dentist had retired and I was in need of some extensive dental work so after reading the reviews I decided to make an appointment. This dentist is constantly sourcing new and innovative ways to improve your dental health as well as your experience in the chair. Regardless of your needs he is prepared to discuss options and alternatives and make your overall experience a positive one.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

I've been with Terry McKay since he took over the practice from Dr. Freeze years ago! Always excellent care and fine work. Root canals, crowns, onlays, bridges! Had them all with very little or no pain!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2015

Dr. Terry McKay's Credentials

After graduating from UBC dental program in 1975, I’ve been proud to practice general, family and cosmetic dentistry for over 35 years in North Vancouver, West Vancouver, and Seattle, Washington. My long-term dental practice, IQ Dental in North Vancouver, is located in the heart of Lonsdale and I also provide service for patients and families on the Sunshine Coast through Advantage Dental in Gibsons, BC. I place high importance on advancing my education in dentistry. I attend annual meetings and conventions around the country in oral surgery, endodontics, cosmetic dentistry, CEREC®, Invisalign®, and orthodontics, as well as subscribe to numerous professional publications focused on unbiased research. Additionally, as one of the original founding members of the Tucker Academy study club in Vancouver, I have been inspired by Dr. Tucker and his teaching methods and really enjoy inspiring my colleagues to strive for excellence in dentistry. I have encouraged those around me to continue their education since 1990. An operating study club is the most challenging type of continuing education because each dentist's operation is critiqued by mentors and fellow peers. We discuss how they can improve their techniques and are accountable for their progress. I am also a part-time instructor and lecturer for the third and fourth year dental students at UBC.

• English