Ratings for Dr. Terry McKay

My boys and I have been seeing Dr. McKay for several years now with complete satisfaction. He has always been most helpful and informative and most importantly does wonderful work without undue pain (even the needles are painless). He has managed to extend the life of cracked teeth and his most accommodating to my requests. A very welcoming, professional, attentive caring dentist. Even my kids love him. Visit him and the team at I.Q. dental in all confidence. I'm glad I did.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. McKay for almost 30 years and have had everything from retainers and Invisaline to wisdom teeth pulled at his office! Terry as well as his staff have always made me feel relaxed and in good hands while under their care. I should also mention that, due in part to Dr. McKay, I have perfect teeth:) I would highly recommend the whole team.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2017

Dr Terry McKay is a really excellent dentist. He is most knowledgeable, efficient, careful and gentle. He tells you what is needed, explains what he'll do for you, or even tells you all is well and he doesn't need to do anything! His staff are cheerful (and so is he) and they all really know what they are doing. Although going to the dentist isn't my favourite thing , I know I am in the best of hands when I am there. I highly recommend Terry McKay and his staff. What nice people to know.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

What a relaxing experience. The staff are exceptional and they have what I consider the best dentist for a boss. Painless, professional and extremely friendly. Whatever your needs or concerns regarding dental care are addressed. They take all the time you need to be satisfied with your experience.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

My family and I recently moved back to Vancouver from Nova Scotia and have settled in Richmond at the moment. I had not been to a dentist for some time and had a molar needing immediate attention so my wife took to the internet and did some research on who the best dentists were in the area. She said she had a good feeling about Dr. Mckay and thought I should try him out (even though it was a bit of a drive from Richmond to North Vancouver). When I arrived at the office I was greeted by a very pleasant receptionist who helped me feel welcomed and relaxed. When it was time for me to see Dr. Mckay I was first helped by a dental hygenist who happened to be having her first day there (she had already had plenty of experience elsewhere) she was also very kind and considerate and was concerned about my comfort. When Dr. Mckay came in he was very easy to talk to and compassionate towards my situation (I did not have insurance coverage and so I had to mention that I needed to know the cost of the procedure before hand). He offered his suggestions on how to budget for dentistry work and I'm happy that he didn't shame me in any way for not having been to a dentist in a long time. It's apparent that Dr. Mckay chooses his staff carefully to ensure everyone at the office is kind, knowledgeable and experienced - I know I'll be bringing the rest of my family to see him in the near future. It's nice to experience a dentist who isn't just in it for the money and actually cares about the wellbeing of his patients! This dentist is a keeper.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

My 85 year old father had avoided dentistry for quite a few years due to a bad experience many years in the past. We were extremely fortunate to have been referred to Dr. McKay recently when it looked like my father was down to his few remaining teeth. It’s hard to believe that someone with the anxiety towards dentistry that my father had would eventually walk out of the office with bridges for both his upper and lower front teeth. The end result is amazing and has taken many years off of his appearance and allowed him to eat a lot of foods that were not possible previously. Dr. McKay was very attentive in making sure the multiple sessions required were pain free and that the finished product was perfect but beyond that was an amazing bedside manner. His patience, caring and friendliness is so genuine that it can’t help but put you at ease. The excellence of service provided extends to the entire staff - there is a very positive atmosphere to the whole office.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2016

Fabulous! Can not say enough about this great Dentist and his terrific staff

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

Lucky me to have found Dr. Terry McKay over 20 years ago. My friend recommended him to me then and I've never looked back. Previously I would avoid going to a dentist but now I feel very comfortable and trust him implicitly. Staff are fantastic, he's always on time and extremely personable. He's improved not only my smile but my health, more importantly. So happy to drive half an hour or more sometimes to my appointments with Dr. McKay.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2016

Seemingly never late, unfailingly courteous, an extraordinary skilled, kind and gentle Dentist. Have been going to Terry McKay for more than 30 years and simply can not say enough good things about either him or his staff. If needing a dentist, don't walk ..run to IQ Dental in North Vancouver

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

I have been going to Dr. Terry McKay for over 6 years and couldn't be happier with the service that I get not only from him but from his amazing staff at IQ Dental in North Vancouver. I highly recommend Dr. McKay for any of your dental needs !

flag | Submitted April 8, 2016

Dr. Terry McKay's Credentials

After graduating from UBC dental program in 1975, I’ve been proud to practice general, family and cosmetic dentistry for over 35 years in North Vancouver, West Vancouver, and Seattle, Washington. My long-term dental practice, IQ Dental in North Vancouver, is located in the heart of Lonsdale and I also provide service for patients and families on the Sunshine Coast through Advantage Dental in Gibsons, BC. I place high importance on advancing my education in dentistry. I attend annual meetings and conventions around the country in oral surgery, endodontics, cosmetic dentistry, CEREC®, Invisalign®, and orthodontics, as well as subscribe to numerous professional publications focused on unbiased research. Additionally, as one of the original founding members of the Tucker Academy study club in Vancouver, I have been inspired by Dr. Tucker and his teaching methods and really enjoy inspiring my colleagues to strive for excellence in dentistry. I have encouraged those around me to continue their education since 1990. An operating study club is the most challenging type of continuing education because each dentist's operation is critiqued by mentors and fellow peers. We discuss how they can improve their techniques and are accountable for their progress. I am also a part-time instructor and lecturer for the third and fourth year dental students at UBC.

• English