You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Terry McKay

Dr. Terry McKay is not only the best dentist that I have ever had, but is likely to be the best dentist I shall ever have. I cannot recommend him more highly. I actually enjoy seeing Dr. McKay and his staff, but their work is so good that I don't need to see them very often!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

I have been seeing Dr.McKay for many years and he is superb dentist and always takes the time to ensure you are feeling okay and are comfortable during any dental procedures. His staff, are also very client focused. I would highly recommend Dr. McKay if you are looking for a great dentist!

flag | Submitted September 26, 2015

A very knowledgeable, personal dentist with a great sense of humor and dedicated to his patients. Andrea provides excellent support as do the support staff including Susan, a great hygienist! Top marks!

Submitted August 27, 2015

Having to find a new dentist can be daunting but if you are looking, then look no further! My original dentist had retired and I was in need of some extensive dental work so after reading the reviews I decided to make an appointment. This dentist is constantly sourcing new and innovative ways to improve your dental health as well as your experience in the chair. Regardless of your needs he is prepared to discuss options and alternatives and make your overall experience a positive one.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

I've been with Terry McKay since he took over the practice from Dr. Freeze years ago! Always excellent care and fine work. Root canals, crowns, onlays, bridges! Had them all with very little or no pain!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2015

Dr. Terry McKay and his staff are amazing. I recently had 2 root canals. I've had previous anxiety about going to the dentist and was in extreme pain. Dr. McKay was so friendly, reassuring and supportive that my nerves were calmed. His CDA's and front office staff made me feel welcome and looked after. I would recommend his to anyone!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

Dr. Terry McKay has been a true gift through my many dental needs in Dentistry. His acceptance and reassuring nature is invaluable. His excellence in care and attention to best practice for clientcanal

flag | Submitted January 2, 2015

I have been with Dr. McKay for 30 years and would not DREAM of going anywhere else! A root canal with Dr. McKay is preferable over a bad day at work! I don't feel a thing, he is knowledgeable, up to date with everything, no BS, friendly, on time and just an overall great guy! To his credit, he made sure he hired staff who respect and uphold his work ethic as well...and look! They are all still there! When I had gone through an emotionally draining divorce...he was there as well as a friend. He is always supportive and part of ANY endeavor that cultivates community and well being for others! I wish all people were as great as MY dentist!!

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

I switched to Dr, McKay about 2 years ago and I'm glad I did. Dr. McKay and his staff are very friendly and caring. I've had a fear of dentists all my like after a bad experience in my childhood. Dr. McKay has put an end to my anxiety. I'm just finishing up a year of Invisalign clear braces and I'm so happy with the results. I used the AcceleDent appliance to reduce my treatment time from over 2 years to 1 year. I would highly recommend Dr. McKay for all your dental needs.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014

I have been a client of Dr. McKay's my entire life and I feel very fortunate to have had such excellent dental care over the years. As an adolescence, he was able to treat my overbite with a retainer (something I was very self-conscious about). 20 years later, I still receive compliments about my teeth. Dr. McKay and his staff are true professionals, yet very thoughtful and caring. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

Dr. Terry McKay's Credentials

After graduating from UBC dental program in 1975, I’ve been proud to practice general, family and cosmetic dentistry for over 35 years in North Vancouver, West Vancouver, and Seattle, Washington. My long-term dental practice, IQ Dental in North Vancouver, is located in the heart of Lonsdale and I also provide service for patients and families on the Sunshine Coast through Advantage Dental in Gibsons, BC. I place high importance on advancing my education in dentistry. I attend annual meetings and conventions around the country in oral surgery, endodontics, cosmetic dentistry, CEREC®, Invisalign®, and orthodontics, as well as subscribe to numerous professional publications focused on unbiased research. Additionally, as one of the original founding members of the Tucker Academy study club in Vancouver, I have been inspired by Dr. Tucker and his teaching methods and really enjoy inspiring my colleagues to strive for excellence in dentistry. I have encouraged those around me to continue their education since 1990. An operating study club is the most challenging type of continuing education because each dentist's operation is critiqued by mentors and fellow peers. We discuss how they can improve their techniques and are accountable for their progress. I am also a part-time instructor and lecturer for the third and fourth year dental students at UBC.

• English

• UBC (Grad. 1975)

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Terry McKay is not only the best dentist that I have ever had, but is likely to be the best dentist I shall ever have. I cannot recommend him more highly. I..."

February 11, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr.McKay for many years and he is superb dentist and always takes the time to ensure you are feeling okay and are comfortable during any dent..."

September 26, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "A very knowledgeable, personal dentist with a great sense of humor and dedicated to his patients. Andrea provides excellent support as do the support staff inc..."

August 27, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Having to find a new dentist can be daunting but if you are looking, then look no further! My original dentist had retired and I was in need of some extensive d..."

July 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I've been with Terry McKay since he took over the practice from Dr. Freeze years ago! Always excellent care and fine work. Root canals, crowns, onlays, bridg..."

January 27, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "V7G1" to "V7L 2N3". Address has been updated from "None" to "132 East 14th St". Suite has been updated from "None" to "202".

January 14, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://mynorthvancouverdentist.ca" to "http://www.mynorthvancouverdentist.ca". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "604-988-7010".

January 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Terry McKay and his staff are amazing. I recently had 2 root canals. I've had previous anxiety about going to the dentist and was in extreme pain. Dr. McKay..."

January 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Terry McKay has been a true gift through my many dental needs in Dentistry. His acceptance and reassuring nature is invaluable. His excellence in care and ..."

January 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been with Dr. McKay for 30 years and would not DREAM of going anywhere else! A root canal with Dr. McKay is preferable over a bad day at work! I don't f..."

December 11, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I switched to Dr, McKay about 2 years ago and I'm glad I did. Dr. McKay and his staff are very friendly and caring. I've had a fear of dentists all my like afte..."

December 2, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been a client of Dr. McKay's my entire life and I feel very fortunate to have had such excellent dental care over the years. As an adolescence, he was a..."

September 16, 2014