Ratings for Dr. Nadira A. Ahmed

Wow, I'm not sure where to start. The WORST doctors office I've been to. The staff is HORRIBLE, Rude, LIARS, and should not, repeat NOT, be dealing with any patient. Very unfriendly and poor patient care. Wait times are ridiculous also! Stay away for your own good!!! She lost ANOTHER patient again and my whole family as well...

flag | Submitted October 18, 2014

The staff does not follow through. Requested referral faxed to another doctor and staff did not after they agreed to it. Now I will have to pay $$$$ for this mistake.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2013

She is a superb doctor who treats you like her own family member. Takes time to answer all your question to your satisfaction. Her emphasis is on preventive care. I don't mind the extra wait since she realy talkes care of you. Dr. Ahmed you are an Angel.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2013

Dr. Ahmed has been my doctor for twelve years, she literally saved my life. I too have migraines and have had them since I was six years old, she has never given me a probelm treating me for migraines. Yes, I go every three months to get my scripts refilled. But, she spends more than five minutes with me, we talk about treatments. Maybe, she knows when a drug seeking abuser is trying to con their way to drugs.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2011

Unfortunately, not a good experience at all. after speaking with other people in waiting room..the feeling was mutual.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2010

All my family members have been going to Dr. Ahmed for the last 8 yrs. The kids love her and would rather see her than their pediatrician. She is a wonderful dotor who is truly caring and knows what she is doing. I know that there is no better more caring and understanding doctor than Dr. Nadira Ahmed in our area. Her office staff is very friendly and helpful. Melinda always greet us with a smile. Vanessa goes out of the way to make us feel comfortable.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2009

Dr Ahmed has been our family physician for many years. The kindness and compassion each patient receives is amazing. Dr. Ahmed and her staff are always very helpful. Same day appts. when you are truly ill are a godsend. As she is so popular w/patients, you do have to wait sometimes because there are unforseen delays and each and every patient gets the necessary time needed. I have never been brushed off in order for her to move on with another patient. Thanks to her and her wonderful staff!

flag | Submitted February 28, 2009

Super doctor, very energetic, always smiling. My entire family go to her. Waht a doctor!!!

flag | Submitted August 1, 2008

She is very caring, pleasant and friendly. She makes sure you understand your health problems and provides information in an easy to understand manner. My kids (3, 5 and 8) love to visit her when they are sick. She makes them feel at home and they trust her. The staff go out of way to help you. If you are looking for a family doctor specially a female I would strongly recommend her.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2008

I have had to wait over an hour in her office when I had an appointment. She over-prescribes antibiotics, even for viral infections that require them. I have had chronic migraines for a couple of years, and she refuses to treat them. Keeps telling me to stop eating chocolate and drinking OJ, neither of which cause my migraines. I have been on the same medications for years before seeing her, I have had asthma my entire life, and I am a paramedic and very knowledgeable of my own health and body, she wanted to see me every three months to spend 5 minutes signing my prescriptions, which my insurance would not pay for. She refused to give me scripts for longer than 3 months, going as far as to tell me that it was "illegal" for her to do so. I'm not an idiot. I know when I'm being swindled. She lost a patient and about $400 a year.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2007

Dr. Nadira A. Ahmed's Credentials

• Dow Med Coll, Univ Of Karachi, Karachi, Pakistan (Grad. 1985)

Top Hospitals in Merrillville, IN