Ratings for Dr. Sami N. Arslanlar

a truly honest and highly qualified physician/healer , what a pleasant experience

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

I saw Dr. Arslanlar for about 3yrs after major trauma that resulted in many gut problems. No plan of care, no followup, I just called when things were bad. Simple messages were consistently not communicated. Dr. Arslanlar is warm and engaging and I suspect he is quite bright, but the delivery of care and management of care subpar. He is spread to thin between being one of many des that own an endoscopy center and other sites. You have to know what questions to ask then he explains things well. The office manager should not be in this practice, she is caddy, a very poor communicator. Three years I never knew an LVN was employed and she can not separate personal from professional. Some staff are quite professional and helpful. If you have something minor and don't need followup care this may be a place to go, otherwise find another Dr. They are defensive when you have reasonable expectations. Dr. Arslanlar is comfortable in the role of being the good guy he will not address important issues with his staff. He is kind but has a conflict avoidance personality. One minute he says he enjoys working with you and when you have serious problems with the staff, He will terminate you and not find out what has happened. After 3yrs I am still quite symptomatic. I had to take over my own care, and found that one of the meds caused 3mos of diarrhea, abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting off and on. No diagnostics were done til I asserted it, self referral to dietician bc of poor nutrition that I brought up several times. MAs giving exam results that they can not answer questions. They did give samples of meds WHEN they had it, but no one checked the insurance to find we just needed a PA and med was covered 80% less Affordable. No nurse ever called about exam results. I learned that when I talked the insurance company and they said get PA and she called for the RX number already printed on the form and reported she was yelled at by me and hung up. I spoke to her harshly bc I was in pain and had been up for nearly 40hrs bc of abdominal pain, and told her where on the form to find RX no. and to call. pharmacy with that. She informed the Dr. I called 3 wks later to resolve things with office manager and resolve Bill. She was rude and would not allow me to talk to billing person who was always respectful, professional and kind. Then 2days later I received a termination letter from the Dr. no explanation just that care would be provided for the next 30days then find a new Dr. I like Dr. Arslanlar personally, but I think he is very ok with a poorly run office staff. He was supportive emotionally but I never received the medical services I desperately needed. He really needs to look at a poorly run office sets the tone for pts. I am an RN ITH 30yrs of experience and found this practice to be subpar at best. His assistant was timely, respectful and professional and so are the billing people. But the nurse and office managers should not be working with patients, and Dr. Arslanlar should really work on developing treatment plans with follow up care, returning phone calls, explaining medication, and treating PT reports more seriously. If you order a test the PT should know what will be done, why it needs to be done at what are likely scenarios. If he is too busy to return a very important call then perhaps he should be an administrator and not a provider. I AM EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED IN HIM, but I kept seeing incongruity in what he said and the lack of action and that should have been my clue to find another MD. But like other pts you get lulled into thinking bc a Dr is kind that it shows a correlation to his expertise and that you will get good solid treatment. Another lesson learned. I can not recommend Dr. Arslanlar unless you have something minimal and need one time treatment.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

Dr. Sami N. Arslanlar's Credentials

• Univ Of Tx Southwestern Med Ctr At Dallas, Med Sch, Dallas Tx 75235 (Grad. 1999)

Benesys